twenty-eight

part twenty-eight: we had to admit, the honeymoon was over and everything is just bittersweet

she lost count of all fights. maybe she wasn't paying much attention to it anymore; maybe it had happen too often. third trimester is rolling in for her while new season is coming for him. she had to admit, the honeymoon phase of her marriage has ended. she is stressed, he is stressed; they look find outside, big smiles but inside they are both fucked.

it started over small things.

for example, the unmade bed, leaving the toothpaste cap off and not using the shower curtain when he showered. the random empty glass left at the most random place in the house (the bathroom, the patio, above the microwave, under the crib) and the late night tv binge watching. the drinking milk straight from the carton and not letting her play his fifa.

thea would've voiced her annoyance and lukasz would listen, made little jokes and kissed her by her cheeks and obliged. maybe it took times but he would.

he always would.

now arguments were just every single things that annoyed her/him.

whether about the babies, her own health, his training schedule.

i'm okay, stop worrying about the baby and me. you should eat more. i was just washing the dishes, not running marathon. i've told you i have training in a month, you've asked that twice already today, fuck. stop with the tv and help me prep the table, why are you so lazy? thea, enough. lukasz, stop.

thea

lukasz

thea

lukasz

THAT'S ENOUGH ALTHEA.

and then it was just silence enveloping the house.

she has been quite forgetful, at times. her mind got tired mid conversation and she'd forgot anything he said. it was all unintentional, she promised. after all gemini is forgetful. she was just tad forgetful and he would get angry when she kept asking the same question over and over again. she just cared too much, and guilty for not paying attention when her attention span was the same as her sister's dead pet hamster.

but anyway, he exploded.

it was loud, they were yelling and all of sudden, he snapped. she regretted not being the mature one, as supposed of what he usually was. he would back off and they would come back to the topic when both of them have clearer heads. apologise and he would kiss her gently. but today, he snapped. his face was so red, his veins were clear against his soft tan skin and he slammed his hand on the wall. she would never thought a day she would see him raise his hand. it was not on her, but still, it scared her.

she startled, and he didn't notice it.

" fuck," he panted, his eyes wandered deliriously, " i'm- i, fuck don't wait up for me," he muttered monotonous, grabbing his keys and wallet and left through the front door. the door slammed against the wood frame triggered her eyes; the tears started to poor down.

for the first time, lukasz piszczek has scared her.

she knew where all these frustration comes from. she was making a slow progress; her placenta. half of her cervix is free from the placenta and the chances for her to prematurely give birth, bleed out and have emergency hysterectomy is too high at the moment if there is no more progress. at that point, she knew how disappointed and upset lukasz was. " you are saying this is the only pregnancy my wife could have and i don't even get an 100% on it?" he rubbed his palm on his face, " and hysterectomy? what the fuck?" he stood up and immediately left the consultation room leaving the heavily pregnant in the room with the doctor.