finale

part thirty: the world is (if not already) ours

past,

9.05 am
" breath, breath- jesus the baby liquid is all over the seat,"

thea couldn't help but laugh as she leaned against the seat of his silver mercedes. he kissed her cheeks, and the corner of her lips, leaving such a powerful burning sensation only he knew how to do. " since we are gonna add two more screaming child, i was thinking of rover. ya know, for the babies. i think midlife crisis is hitting me soon. the new one, silver too," he mumbled against her skin and she sighed. " i like audi more, matte either black or black."

he let out a deep throaty chuckle, " if babies said audi, then audi it is."

another waves of contraction hit her as she ran her fingers in his hair, his lips that was curling into a smile turned into a frown as she gripped and tugged. " shit, shit," she profusely apologize and peaked a kiss on his lips, " i was thinking of maybe a volkswagen too." he rolled his eyes and pulled away, " i hope it's the pain that talking because right now my wallet is in pain too," she laughed but didn't realise she was already buckled up until she heard the click and the door shut close.

she checked her phone, messages were flooding in from her family and friends asking whether she's okay, how's lukasz, how far long is the contraction, what's the babies' names?

she's perfectly fine and so is lukasz. every contractions are 5 minutes apart and wait a minute, they didn't have any names yet.

names, huh? they don't really set on the name much. they both are keen on keeping polish in the name; as if piszczek isn't hard enough to spell, marco once said. thea also like the name ethan- ethan piszczek but it sounds so normal and their kids aren't normal. the driver's door opened.

"lukasz!"

"hmm," he hummed lazily as he buckled his belt and moved the gear stick backward a little too far. she rolled her eyes and held his hand.

"what?"

she moved the gear stick further down," you are going to reverse the car into the house, calm down." his lips formed an o as red spread across his cheeks, " i'm nervous. how are you not scared?"

" you have done enough nervous for two person. also i just realised, we don't have names yet," he blinked, pursed his lips before activating the garage door. " i thought we ready done that," the sun was shining bright as the dashboard's clock displayed 9:34 am in red. the car slowly moved down the small slope and out of the garage.

" really? what did we choose?"

silence.

he glanced at her and cursed softly, " we didn't have any names. you picked one- ethan! you chose ethan."

" ethan piszczek doesn't sound good anymore on my tongue."

he glared at her, " oh sure but franciszek piszczek sounds good to you."

she giggled, "it rhymed."

they sat in silence as their minds roam. his hand moved from the gear stick to where her hand rest, laced it together and brought it up to press his lips against all her knuckles. their hands fell on his lap, stayed there together  throughout the drive. she squeezed his hand every time contraction greets while tears fell from the corner of her eyes as she apologised- he couldn't imagine the pain she was in but every circle he traced with his hoarse thumb he wished it would distract her away.