Prologue

As I watch the beautiful Christine row away with her love, I realized I have ruined my life and scarred hers. Will she ever be free from what I have done to her? Will I be able to live without her? The more I think about the events that happened in the past and about how much my very existence has depended upon the hope that one day she will love me, the more I realize I cannot exist any longer. My broken heart cannot beat without her song, her beautiful character that made me able to have shreds of hope in my life. I have nothing to live for. It is time for me to leave this world, and hopefully enter a peaceful abyss where I can never feel pain again. I look around my home for the last time, my hands grazing over the piano keys and longing for beautiful music to enter my heart once again, then but remember it isn't possible. Right before I enter my room, I come across the mannequin of my love. It stares at me, as if mocking the fact that I will never see her or hear her heavenly voice again. My thoughts grow more dismal, and I head into my room and lay in my coffin bed, ready to end this torment.

"I'm sorry, dear Christine."

I laid for a good hour, and neither sleep nor death came upon me. What sick joke is this? I am starting to get stiff. Why does God tease me so? I lift my head up to see what time it is, but instead I black out.

My dream begins with blackness. Perhaps I have died? Then something bright appears, and I believe it is an angel. My eyes burn from the bright light.

The angel disappeared, and I fell into apeaceful sleep filled with dreams of a strange world.