Chapter 1

Evie's POV

"How on Earth did you manage to eat that entire pizza Louise??" I say as my best friend finishes her last bite.

"Well it's all about technique. You have to drink water at the perfect time. Oh yeah and you have to have an insane hunger like myself." What a goofball!

"Yes, we all know you're very proud of your appetite. I still can't believe how skinny you are! Most dancers wouldn't dare eat one piece of that pizza and you just ate the whole thing!" That still puzzles me. Maybe she was born with a killer metabolism, or maybe it's the extra hours of practice I know she is doing, although she refuses to admit it.

"You gotta be good, that's all I can say." With that, we got up and went back to our room to finish packing our bags for Paris. I still could not believe Louise was hired as the principal ballerina at the most prestigious opera house in the world! All of the secret hard work has finally paid off. Finally a situation when the person who deserves the praise receives it! I am proud to say I will be train with the ballet there, although I will be learning with girls much younger than me. I wish I had the opportunity to start ballet when I was little, but that simply was not possible, what with my family barely scraping up enough money to stay afloat. I had to work my butt off babysitting and working at my school in order to finally have enough money to take lessons, and I had to start with girls half my age. Oh well, an opportunity is an opportunity. Luckily, I was offered the most wonderful chance to learn in Paris, especially at the certain opera house I've been dying to go to since I was a young girl. I wonder if the spirit of-

"HEY EVIE! You're in your head again. Can't you focus for two seconds on what I'm telling you?" Oops.

"Yes, just sometimes my thoughts drift and it is difficult for me to keep them on track." It really does happen too frequently.

"Okay well you can think during the flight! If we don't leave soon, we're going to be late!" She's right, we have exactly one hour until our flight boards, and we aren't finished packing!

"Alright I'll keep on track but only because we're late."

And just like that, we are on our way to our newlives. I love the fact that I scored the window seat, because it's perfect forreflecting on life. I've always loved the sky, it is different everyday yetalways equally beautiful. My thoughts always drift to my family, because theyare the most important thing to me. I miss them already, even though theyvisited my now old apartment right before I left. I just hate being in an entirely differentcontinent. They are so proud of me, and I daresay I am pretty proud of myself.I had to work hard in a different way than my dear best friend, because I usedto be unhealthily overweight, I would go as far as saying obese. It was terriblyembarrassing. But, that is over now, all the workouts and sacrifices have ledme to this wonderful new opportunity. I am extremely lucky, and I have neverwished for it to be any other way. I have a loving family, a loyal best friend,and a life shaped by all of the things I've gone through. I have to say mychange was inspired by the re-discovery of my love for a particular musical. Ihadn't watched it in a long time, since I was a little girl, and I didn't havethe ability to truly appreciate it when I was younger. The story is absolutelybeautiful and heart breaking, and I have always had an interest in one of themain characters, because of his tragic story, mysterious ways, and his strangeworld. The man, of course, is the Phantom of the Opera.