Chapter 9

Erik's POV

I guess dramatics are my specialty. What else was I supposed to do, just walk onto the stage and say hello? No! I need them to fear me. They can't misbehave if the show will be as perfect as I plan it to be. I have been sitting in my private box, number five, and surveying their practices for a couple of weeks to really study the talent of these performers and see where they should be in the next show. I'm thinking yet another one from my past will do, one I will have casted correctly this time around. Il Muto. Yes I do enjoy that opera, as long as it has the right star. So far, Ceelia has not sang yet, she's only been blocking the scenes. She learned the lines and songs on her own time. We shall see if she lives up to my expectations, for there is always someone to replace her. Who knows which of these people it will be?

Evie's POV

I can't believe how much I'm improving! Ever since the Phantom made himself known, everyone has kicked it into high gear and we want to outshine every other opera house in the world. I think of him all the time, but I'm still a little too scared to wander around in search of him yet. I'm starting to get anxious though, so maybe I will do that soon. I've been missing my family lately, but I don't really have time to call them, so I guess I should write them an email or something. I'm all alone in mine and Louise's room, just typing away, when I hear a noise. I look around, but can't seem to figure out where it's coming from, so I go back to my writing. Then I hear something crash and fall, and I realize it's coming from outside my window. I put my shoes on and go to see what it is, and I find myself in the garden picking up pieces of a broken pot. "I wonder who could have done this..." Humming Think of Me, I finish picking up the pieces and start looking around for what caused the damage. I peak under a bush, and find a small Siamese kitten underneath playing with a mouse it just caught. "Hello little kitten! You are too precious!!"

I must have scared it bad, because it jumped about five feet! She looks to be about 6 weeks old, and I wonder where in the world her mother is. "Come here baby girl, I won't hurt you. Here kitty kitty!" Surprisingly she comes to me, and I see the most beautiful kitten in the world. She is so soft and cuddly! I have to take her inside. Surely the managers won't mind, since she can get rid of any mice.

I walk back inside with her in my arms, and head to their office. Before I enter, I can hear them arguing about something, so I decide to come back later. When I get to my room, I see that my little kitty is asleep in my arms, so I set her down on the bed. "I just realized I have no name for you, but I think Arabella will be nice. Bella for short, of course. I read somewhere that means answered prayer, which I thought was pretty. So, sleep well little Bella, and I'll be back in a bit. I need to get some supplies for you.

I quickly find Louise and explain what just happened.

"You found an adorable little kitten and it's in our room? Oh. My. Gosh. I need to see it! Boy or girl, and did you name it yet?"

"Yes, her name is Arabella, but Bella for short. Do you want to go get supplies with me? I don't really want to go to the shops alone."

"Of course, let's go! It will be nice tohave a little break." And so went to spend the day in the shops and goteverything we'll need for our little kitten.