Chapter 13

Erik's POV

Why am I getting a sense of deja vu? Oh yes, it's because this is too much like how it was in the past! I have an awful Prima Donna who cannot sing yet has an ego the size of Europe, her husband is ridiculous in general, the cast is treated like garbage but they are very talented, there is unrecognized talent among those cast members, there are two baffling buffoons running the whole thing, and a stern Giry is running the ballet! Not that the Giry is a bad thing, she's just one of the similarities. I'm starting to get annoyed. Maybe I should write a strongly worded letter to the managers about firing the two leads and finding people that could actually lead this amazing cast. Yes, I think I'll do just that. I will not have a croaking toad lead my operas.

Evie's POV

Man I hope Erik does something about this modern day Carlotta. That was awful. I really don't like her or her husband. They're both loud and rude. At least they found each other, because I'm not sure they would have found anyone else. The cast has today off, and Louise and I just got back from mass. We decide to practice after a small lunch, but we won't go until 10 like last night, six will be fine. We need a little bit of rest before Thursday after all! On our way to practice, we walked by the managers ' office, and could hear then yelling at each other. Louise put her ear to the door, and I reluctantly did the same.

"I cannot believe what this ghost is asking us to do! How the hell are we supposed to find a new leading lady a few days before the performance?! This makes no sense!!" Well there was a side of Monsieur Perrot I had never heard before!

"Yes well, we will just have to ignore this until after the gala. I doubt he will do anything to make us change our minds, considering he is A PRANK BEING PULLED BY ONE OF THE STUPID CAST MEMBERS!!" If only they knew what they are talking about. They don't know what he's capable of. I need to see him today, to let him know he needs to be rational, and punish them without causing significant damage or killing anyone. I decide to fake being sick, as it is the best way for me to get out of this practice. I pull Louise away from the door, much to her dislike, and say, "I don't feel very well, I think I need to lay down for a while."

She looked surprised. "Are you sure? I thought you wanted to be perfect?"

"Yes, I know. I'm sure it's just a silly little bug. I should be better after a short nap."

"Okay, but I'll walk you to the room and make sure you're okay. If it's alright, I'll practice my choreography for the rest of the day."

"Of course! I could not keep you from that. Like I said, I just need to lay down for a bit."

"Let's get you back then."

We made it to our room, and Louise makes sure I will be very comfy for this nap, because she wants me to get better for tomorrow.

"Have a good nap, and sleep well. I'm going to close the curtains so it will be completely dark in here. If you need anything, just send someone to get me."

"Thanks! Have a good practice!"

As soon as I knew she was far enough away, I got out of bed, unlocked the door, and started trying to figure out how to get to Erik. I know his lair is down, but I don't know the exact route. There could also be traps everywhere, and I'm guessing he's the only one who knows how to navigate them. So maybe I could just say his name or something, or I could sing. If only I didn't suck at singing!! I didn't notice a presence in the air, so I jumped when I heard a voice ask, "Why did you blow off practice today? I'm assuming you wished to see me."

"Yes, actually. I need to tell you something I overheard. The managers are going to ignore your newest request, and keep Ceelia as the lead at least until after the opening gala. They don't think you're real still."