Chapter 6

Erik's POV

I was watching Evie and Louise from box five, and I must say, Evie is becoming more and more interesting as I keep watching her. I can tell she is lost in her own mind, and it makes me want to know what it is that makes her do this. Maybe I shall let her see me, and maybe it will lead to me getting to know her. I decide to allow her to see my shadow. In a few minutes, she sees me, and tells Louise that she sees me. Right before Louise looks for me, I hide from them. Apparently she saw my shadow, because she said she saw something. Well, I'll just have to make sure they say nothing more about it, but I am going to instill a sense of fear in everyone here, because I will have control of this opera house. I am not losing it to another pair of buffoons.

They leave the stage and take the backstage area back to their room. I use the hiding places and shadows to make them feel as though they are being followed and watched, and I can see it is working. Now that they have ideas in their heads about me, I need to get back to my home and make plans for tomorrow. All of the performers have a mandatory meeting day, where they will learn the ways of this place and socialize with each other. I would despise a day such as this.

Once I arrive at my home, I sit at my organ and think. How shall I...introduce...myself to the managers? And to the performers and workers? Well, I think a reasonable place to start is with a note. I find a pen and piece of paper, and begin to write:

My Dear New Managers,

I would like to welcome you to the Opera Populaire, and thank you for restoring it to its former glory. It looks exactly as it did many years ago. I would like to inform you of my presence, but it seems my reputation precedes me. You see, I know all the secrets of this opera house. I know its history, and how shameful it would be if it repeated itself. If you have not guessed already, I am the Phantom of the Opera, and you will follow any instructions given to you by me. The consequences for disobeying me will be great, and you need not doubt me, for you know what I am capable of. I will be sending a note soon which describes my rules in detail.

Good Luck Gentlemen,

OG

That should do them in. These men don't seem very foolish, I just need little insurance. I will deliver it to them late at night, and they will have read it before going to the meeting tomorrow. Yes, my opera house will be run by me this time around.

For now, I will take a small nap, for a wave of exhaustion has washed over me.