9 ~ The Panic Attack

Riley's POV

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott yelled.

"Does it look like I have a key?" He yelled back. I stayed silent. Derek is dead. He's dead. There's nothing we can do. Scott and Stiles were pulling on the doors so the Alpha could get in.

"Grab something!" Scott yelled again.

"What?!"

"Anything!"

Stiles stood up to look out the window. Scott and I did the same too see what he was looking at. The bolt cutters. There's no way he's going out there.

"Stiles, don't, please. I've already lost Derek. I don't want to lose you too." I said in almost a whisper. He shook his head and opened the door. "Stiles!"

He closed the door behind him, looking around for the Alpha. It wasn't around anywhere. So he walked up to the bolt cutters and bent down to pick them up. As he was bent down, the Alpha came from the back of his Jeep on all fours.

"Stiles!" Scott and I yelled, hitting on the door to get his attention. He looked up at us then to the Alpha. It started running towards him, but he was frozen in fear. Move. Move, Stiles. Move. He finally got up and ran back into the school, putting the bolt cutters in the bars on the door.

They looked out of the window and it had gone. We started to walk down the hall, backwards to see the door better.

"That won't hold will it?" I asked Stiles. He shook his head. "Probably not."

We turned around, to see a dark hallway. Vacant. There was then a load howl and we all ran down another hall and into a classroom. Scott and Stiles started to push the teachers desk up to the door.

"The door won't keep it out." I told them, starting to get really scared. It's here to kill us. It won't leave until it has killed us.

"I know." Scott nodded.

"It's your boss." Stiles accused.

"What?"

"Deaton, the Alpha? Your boss!" He clarified for Scott.

"No." Scott shook his head. Did it really matter who the Alpha was? The Alpha killed Derek and trying to kill us, we really didn't have the time for this.

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf."

"No, it can't be."

"Oh come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek 20 feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?" Stiles told him.

"It's not him."

"What makes you so sure, Scott? He killed Derek!" I snapped at him.

He shook his head. "No, Derek's not dead, he can't be dead."

"Oh my God!" I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I was starting to tear up. Derek was dead and he's not coming back. Ever.

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead, and we're next." Stiles said, being deadly serious. We were next.

"Okay, just - what do we do?" Scott nodded.

"We get to my Jeep and get out of here!"

"And you seriously think about quitting your job." I nodded. I tried to stop myself from bursting into tears, but it hurt my whole body. Derek wasn't just 'Scott's teacher', he was a really good friend to me. He acted like a best friend when I needed him the most. It felt somebody hit me in the chest with a hammer.