27 ~ This Kid's The Killer?

We were all in Stiles' bedroom, trying to convince his Dad that Matt was the killer but it didn't seem to be working. "So this kid's the real killer?" He asked us all, unconvinced. We had a year book with everyone's faces crossed out except one which was circled and lead to the name: Matt Daehler.

"Yeah." Stiles nodded.

The Sheriff seemed to disagree. "No."

"Yes!" 

"No."

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles said, standing up next in front of Mr Stilinski.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class." Sheriff pointed out, crossing his arms over his chest.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles asked, trying to get more and more information out of him that he could.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Sheriff shook his head, telling us all with reluctance. "Scott, Kayden, do you believe this?" He pointed to the page in the yearbook.

We both looked at each other and sighed. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." I said, looking him in the eye to try and convince him. 

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles added.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?" Sheriff interjected. We didn't have a motive yet.

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles practically yelled. Scott and I looked at him in confusion. I furrowed my brows at him when he looked in our direction, making him continue reluctantly. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years." Sheriff looked as his kid in disbelief and a hit of disappointment, not in him, but in the fact he thought he was getting somewhere with the case. "Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" Sheriff shrugged.

"We need to look at the evidence." Scott said. I had a feeling, a gut feeling, like something bad was going to happen tonight. I've just had too much to drink, that's all. There's nothing to worry about.

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." Sheriff pointed out, shifting his weight on his legs.

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles nodded, standing up once more.

"Trust you?" Sheriff cocked his head to the side at how stupid his son must be if he was ever going to trust him.

"Trust  Scott?" Stiles offered and Sheriff just scrunched his face up again. "Trust Kayden, she's responsible." I smiled a teethy smile and bat my eyelids at him.

"Kayden I trust." He nodded. 

****

"It's 2:00 in the morning." One of my favourite deputies that worked there was at the desk, looking at the four of us in disbelief.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." Mr Stilinski shook his head and sighed, probably wondering how the hell he got into this mess.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles whispered to Scott and I.

"Why?" Scott furrowed his brows.