21 ~ He'll Just Hold It

I was at the abandoned subway when I received a call. I didn't check the caller ID, I just answered the phone and hoped it was someone worthy talking to.

"Hello?"

"Kayden, something really bad happened."

"Stiles, I don't want to talk about this right now. We're taking a break, we're just friends now, okay?"

"No. It's not that. Jackson, he's escaped. Allison has gone to tell Argent and we're going to tell my Dad, where are you? We might need you to help Scott to get him to believe."

"What?! How did he even escape?!"

"I don't know. Why don't you ask your hormonal brother over here?"

"Oh my God, too much info!"

"Where are you, Kayden? Your signal is really bad."

"Oh. I - um. I'm at the subway talking to Isaac, how far are you?"

"Two minutes."

"Okay see you in a few." I ended the call and turned to Isaac. "Thanks again, I really needed the talk. We cool?"

"Yeah." The corner of his lips tugged upwards into a genuine smile he couldn't contain. I'm glad we're friends again. He's good company.

****

"Could you buzz us in? I gotta see my dad." Stiles said to the man at reception. He buzzed us in and the first thing we saw was Mr Stilinski. Followed by Mr Whittemore. Followed by Jackson wearing a Police jacket.

"Scott, Stiles, Kayden." He looked at me like I should've known better before looking away again. "Perfect timing. Have you met Jackson's father, Mr. David Whittemore? Esquire."

"That means lawyer." Jackson nodded, taunting us in his jerk face ways. "But Kayden wasn't involved in it much. She just knew where I was." I did a double take. What did Jackson just say? Is he covering for me? "I press charges on those two asswipes, but Kayden was trying to do the right thing."

Did the world just end? Wait... Charges? Shit. No, it can't be that bad, surely.

***

"You will not go within 50 feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault or harass him physically or psychologically." Mr Stilinski listed off a clipboard, very disappointed in us all. He slammed the clipboard down onto the table and I looked over to Scott, in the chair next to me. Even though Jackson didn't want to press charges, Mr Whittemore insisted on having a restraining order put against us all.

I saw Stiles looking around the room, leaning upwards to catch a glimpse of what was on the clipboard. Not now Stiles, anytime but now. "What about school?" He questioned. I knew this was only going to get worse.

"You can attend classes while attempting to maintain a 50 - foot distance." Mr Stilinski replied, trying to stop his son from showing him up in front of Whittemore.

"Bu - okay, what if we both have to use the bathroom at the same time and there's only two stalls available and they're only right next to each other?" He asked, holding two fingers up, visualising the situation. My Mom, Jackson's Dad and Stiles' Dad all glared at him, with their arms crossed over their chests. "I'll just hold it." I couldn't take how immature he was being so I just slammed my head on the table in annoyance. It wasn't hard but I kept my head their and I could feel everyone in the room looking at me. I could actually see Jackson chuckling to himself.

Mr Stilinski dragged his son out of the room and even without supernatural hearing, I could gather everything they said. "Do I need to remind you how lucky we are that they're not pressing charges?" Stilinski said sternly.