30 ~ He's Alive

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac asked as Scott passes me a shirt and Isaac one of his sneakers,

"Yeah, we all are." Scott nodded, picking up a shirt for him to sniff.

"But how come you two get his shirt and I get a shoe?" Isaac complained. This night could not get any worse right now. I turned to the left of me and realized how wrong I was. I hit Isaac's chest and Scott's arm.

"We need to talk," Derek spoke up.

A familiar person showed up from around the corner. Peter. "All of us."

"Holy shit," I muttered. This got a whole lot worse.

"What the hell is this?" Scott asked Derek. 

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station." Derek countered Scott and I just looked at his and lowered my eyebrows slightly.

"Okay, hold on. He - he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott defended himself. 

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous." Peter interjected. 

"Shut up." Scott, Derek and I all said in unison.

"Who is he?" Isaac asked us.

"That's Peter, Derek's Uncle. A Little while back, he tried to kill us all, turned me into a werewolf and then Scott, Stiles, Jackson, and Allison set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat." I explained.

"Hi." Peter waved at Isaac and I rolled my eyes at him.

"That's good to know," Isaac muttered.

"How is he alive?" Scott questioned.

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him." Derek waved it off.

"Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead." Isaac interrupted.

Derek looked at Isaac in panic and frustration. "What?" 

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." I said quietly, pointing to the direction of the field. 

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac rubbed the back of his neck.

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen." Peter explained to us.

"But why?" Derek and I said simultaneously.

Peter sighed and shrugged. "Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

****

"See, that's the problem. You - you don't care about getting hurt. But you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated. And if you die, I will literally go out of my freaking mind." I heard Stiles say from his bedroom. I wasn't sure who he was talking to, but Mr Stilinski just told me to go straight up. He called me as first to say he'd found Stiles and a wave of relief washed over me. "You see, death doesn't happen to you, Lydia. It happens to everyone around you, okay? To all the people left standing at your funeral, trying to figure out how they're gonna live the rest of their lives now without you in it? Huh? And look at my face, huh? Come on, you actually think this was meant to hurt me? Um - I'm so sorry." 

"It's okay. I'll find him myself." Lydia said in almost a whisper. 

"Hey, Lydia, wait," Stiles called after her. A few seconds later, Lydia came from Stiles' room with teary eyes and sent me a small smile. I crept into Stiles' room and he turned around to close his door and saw me standing there. "How much of it did you hear?"