28 ~ Band Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

"Mom, just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." I smiled weakly at her.

"She's right." Matt said from behind us, we turned around to face him and he shot Scott. "But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt Scott." 

Mom and I screamed. Mom screamed in fear. I screamed in pain. I looked down to my stomach and I had a shot wound right where Scott had one. I heard Sheriff yell from the other room. "Scott! Stiles! Kayden! What happened?!"

"Wait, baby -" Mom cried. I cried too, uncontrollably. Scott was going to die. I'm linked to him. I linked to him. Everything's happening what Deaton said. Scott was going to die and he was my punishment. Mom started to walk closer so us, to try and aid us.

"Back, back!" Matt yelled, pointing the gun to her. I placed my hand on my wound, putting pressure on to try and stop the bleeding.

"Mom, mom, stop, mom!" Scott and I cried out.

"I said get back!" Matt barked at her when she refused.

"Scott. Kayden." She said in a whisper.

"Mom, do it." Scott ordered her. 

"Please, mom."

"Get up, McCall." Matt seethed.

"Matt? Matt, listen to me -" Sheriff yelled from the room he was in. 

"Shut - shut - shut up! Everybody shut the hell up! Now, get up, or I shoot her next!" Matt snarled, making me flinch. Scott and I quickly got up and Matt lead us all into the holding cell room where Mr Stilinski was being kept. Scott was leaning on the wall, stood up and I was resting my head on his shoulder, fearing this would be how we spend our last moments together.

"Please, they need to see a doctor." Mom's voice cracked in sadness as Matt locked her in a holding cell. Her mascara had run all down her face from crying, no doubt mine had too, but I didn't care.

"You think so?" Matt chafed.

"Hey, hey, you listen to me!" Sheriff shouted at Matt, pointing at him.

"It's all right. I'm okay." Scott managed to say. 

"No, honey, you're not okay." Mom said shaking her head. "You're not okay."

"It doesn't hurt, mom." I sniffed.

" 'Cause that's the adrenaline, okay? Please, let me - let me just take a look at him, okay? I mean, I can help stop the bleeding." Mom  pleaded and Matt looked at her like she was stupid. 

"They have no idea, do they?" He asked Scott and I, turning around to face us. 

"Please. Let me just take a quick look. I -" 

"Shut - shut - shut - shut up! Lady, if you keep talking, I'm gonna put the next bullet through their heads." Matt screeched, making everyone go silent. 

"Okay." Mom nodded, taking a step back. "Okay." 

"Back to the front, McCall." Matt demanded. "After you."  

He lead us back into the room where Derek and Stiles were laid on the floor. "The evidence is gone. Why don't you just go?" I cried. 

"You - you think the evidence mattered that much, huh? No, no, I - I want the book." He shouted at me, getting closer to my face. A whimper escaped my lips and I squeezed my eyes shut. 

"What - what book?" Scott asked him.

"The bestiary." Matt's voice was more distant so I opened my eyes and looked at Stiles and Derek on the floor. They were just listening to the whole thing, giving each other occasional looks every few seconds when they heard something strange or interesting pop up in the conversation. "Not just a few pages, I want the entire thing."