20 ~ Face Everything And Rise

Not everybody is your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you, doesn't mean they're there for you. Just because they say they got your back, doesn't mean they won't stab you in it. People pretend well. Jealousy sometimes doesn't live far, therefore, you know your circle. At the end of the day, real situation expose fake people, just give them time to show their real colours.

I was hoping Isaac, Erica, Boyd and Derek would show their true colours because I don't know who to trust anymore. I don't know whether they are there to mess with my head and me for their sick and twisted plans or whether they actually need me there. Now that I was a teenager, I needed to take refuge in the fact that some things were beyond my control. I owed it to myself to steer clear of people who were harmful to my health and I wasn't sure if they were harmful to my health or not.

I just feared the future to come and as Stiles' Mom always used to tell me as a child; "Fear has two meanings. Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise, the choice was my own." I wasn't sure whether I should face the pack and rise or forget everything they've done and sweep the problems under the carpet and hope they go away. The second one seemed like an easier task and I wanted a challenge. It took me a while to think what I wanted, but I finally decided I would face them and get it all over with. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

****

Scott and I were trying to find Jackson as the Kanima on a late night. Stiles got in his Jeep and drove us there. Scott and I took off and I didn't have any idea where he went so we carried on looking for him. We arrived at the club with a line of people outside. Scott and I were looking round the corner to see if we could see anything when I felt someone grab by waist.

"Holy crap!" I shrieked. I turned around and saw Stiles behind me, with his cute little buzz cut and baggy clothes.

"Wha - sorry, I'm sorry." He apologised, trying to hold back a laugh. I shot him a glare and he was finally back into action. "Did you see where he went?"

"We lost him." Scott sighed.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles questioned. I looked to Scott and we shared the same look.

"I don't think he has one." I shook my head, running my hand through my hair like a rake. I let out a huff and just wanted this Kanima business ended. It'd already killed innocent people. Surely they weren't all killers.

"All right, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asked. I looked back to the line of people going in and they all seemed to be guys. I didn't really think much of it at first just shook it off, only guys going into a club is the last thing on my mind right now.

"To kill someone." Scott deadpanned. I looked to Scott and furrowed my brows at him. Could he state anything more obvious? Of course it was going to kill someone. We wouldn't be here if all it wanted to do is find someone to have a picnic with and have play-dates every now an again.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Stiles remarked sarcastically. Scott flipped his head in Stiles' direction before giving him a glare. "What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defence." I would oblige, but that is 100% true. Not forgetting his beautiful hazel eyes of course.

"Just help me find it." Scott huffed I shook my head at my brother and decided to correct "Not 'it', Jackson."

"Yeah, I know. I - I know."

"All right, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?" Stiles asked. I looked to Scott and he looked to me.

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway." I shook my head in confusion, rubbing the back of my neck. I was just racking my brain trying to figure it out.