16 ~ Loose Chains

Kayden's POV:

I awoke to the buzzing of an alarm and the shuffling of somebody's body. I sit up, stretching out all my muscles and letting out a big yawn. I rub my eyes and look to my right. Stiles. I look around and take in my surroundings. Stiles' room. I smiled to myself and Stiles starts chuckling to himself.

"Yes?" I asked, joking around.

"You seem so happy all of a sudden." He elaborated. I shook my head, sliding out of his bed and walking around to his side, where he was laying. I knelt down and pressed my lips onto his.

"That's because I've missed you and I'm happy to have you back." I nodded, proud to have Stiles back.

"I've missed you too." He stated, looking me directly into my chocolate brown eyes.

***

"I'm serious, guys. I feel like I have full control." I tried to convince Scott and Stiles. It was true though. It was like I had a grip on me shifting or wolfing out, it was really weird.

"It's not like the last full moon. I don't feel the same." Scott agreed.

"Oh, does that include the urge to maim and kill people like me?" Stiles exasperated as we walked to the locker rooms. I was already in my lacrosse outfit and Coach didn't really mind me going into the guys locker rooms anymore.

"I swear I don't have the urge to maim and kill you." Scott and I said at the same time. Our eyes widened and we looked at each other. Creepy. We entered the locker room and I felt like I could sense something but I chose to ignore it as I didn't even want to think about what it could possibly be.

"You know, you say that now but then the full moon goes up and out come the fangs and the claws and there's a lot of howling and screaming and running everywhere, okay? And it's very stressful on me and so yes, I'm still locking you up." Stiles sternly spoke.

"Okay, fine. But I do think I'm in more control now." Especially since things are good with Allison." Scott sighed.

"Okay, we're aware of how good things are with Allison." I nodded, trying to get him to stop.

"They're really good." Scott smiled, looking more love-struck than ever.

"I - thank you, I know." Stiles spluttered. We entered the locker rooms and I placed my stuff on a bench next to Scott and Stiles. They stood by their lockers, leaning against them.

"I mean, like, really good." Scott said in almost a whisper.

"All right, we get it! Just please shut the hell up before I have the urge to maim and kill myself." I shook my head, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"All right, did you get something better than handcuffs this time?" Scott shook everything off and got to the point.

"Yeah, much better." Stiles opened his locker and a chain started to fall out, in a long line. It was a very long chain so took a while to thread from one end to the other. The chain was really loud, clanking on the locker. Coach approached us and everyone in the locker room was watching us.

The chain finally finished falling and Coach looked at the pile of chain then back up to Stiles, Scott and I. "Part of me wants to ask. The other part says knowing will be more disturbing than anything I could ever imagine. So - I'm gonna walk away." Coach nodded, holding his hands in front of his chest before turning on his heels and walking away.

"That's good. That's a wise choice, coach." I called back, withering in embarrassment. We all bent down and started to pick up the chain. "Why would you put in into your locker and not into a bag stored in your Jeep?"