18 ~ Forgive and Forget

Kayden's POV:

"They're coming back so we don't have much time to talk." Deaton warned Scott and I. He put a clear liquid onto a big ball of cotton and handed it to me.

"What is that?" I questioned, weary of whether to let it go into my wound or not. Deaton looked at me and smiled.

"Rubbing alcohol, you don't want it to get infected, do you?" I didn't reply, I just shook my head. He handed one to Scott for his wounds too. "It will heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek." My chest tightened in upset and rage at the sound of his name. I wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

"Okay, how do you know all this? Actually how do you know anything?" Scott stuttered. 

"It's a longer story. What I can tell you, is that I know about your kind. Your kind? I can help. This. This is something different." Deaton said, pointing to the body on the counter.

"Well, do you know what did it?" Scott asked. I really hoped he knew the answer to this one. This semester, I was supposed to buckle down on my learning and keep my grades up.

"No. But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part, they'll have a record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations, of all the things that they've discovered." He nodded.

"All the things? How many different things are there?" I practically yelled. He was about to answer, but we all heard a car outside the clinic. Scott told me to go home but I wanted to see Stiles. He was at the mechanics, getting his Jeep fixed because Erica ripped out the starter. Scott stayed hidden in the clinic and I made my way to the mechanics. As I entered the door, I heard Stiles talking to the mechanic.

"Hey! Hey? Wh - what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter." I heard Stiles complain.

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has got to be replaced here." The mechanic replied, drilling into the beloved Jeep.

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly over-estimating the damage?" Stiles huffed in frustration.

"It's probably gonna run you around like twelve - hundred parts and labour."

"Are you kidding? This thing doesn't have a catalytic converter. And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is." 

"Do you know what a limited slip differential is?"

"No -"

"Yeah, coming on more like fifteen - hundred."

"Okay. Just finish. I'll be back here, seething with impotent rage!" Stiles mumbled, stomping his way over to me. He went to open the door, but something was on the handle and he lost it. "Oh. Nice. It's real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here!" He faced me and didn't say anything. He just wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. "I thought you got really hurt. I was worried sick."

"Technically, I did get really hurt, but it doesn't matter. I'm healing." I smiled. Stiles' body stiffened up and his hands started shaking. "Stiles? Stiles, what wrong? Are you okay?" He wouldn't answer and he just fell to the floor. "Oh my God! Stiles! Stiles!" I looked up and saw a reptilian hand from the top of Stiles' Jeep. It slashed the back of the Mechanic's neck and the Jeep started to get lowered as the Mechanic fell the the floor. I opened the door Stiles came through to help the mechanic, but out of nowhere, this lizard appeared. It started hissing at me, staring into my brown eyes as I stared into its orange ones. It took off and by then, it was too late. The Jeep had already crushed the innocent guy.

***

Stiles was holding me tightly as we sat in the back of the Ambulance. That guy used to go to our school, he graduated before we were even close to getting into high school. One day I was walking home from school alone and Jackson started picking on me, throwing stuff at me and that guy stopped him. Just the sound of his panicked voice and the cracking of the metals come to an instant stop, going into silence, was replaying in my head over and over. The Police had arrived and Mr Stilinski was a great help, he made me feel a lot better about it all.