Sneak Peek of "Odysseus"

"Odysseus, they're at the borders." My beta announced, walking into my office.

I remained silent, my mind was reeling with thousands of thoughts. They were back at my borders, threatening to slaughter my pack. But I couldn't kill every single one of them, no, there was one special person.

My mate.

She was a part of them, in fact, she's the leader's daughter. I sighed, I was a fool for being so cruel towards her when we first met. I rejected her and moved on, but not in the sense of finding myself another woman. No. No one can replace my mate.

No she-wolf will ever beat her in anything. She was strong, beautiful, and just as heartless as I.

"You know who to capture." I stated, turning to face him.

He sighed, "Dude, I know she's your mate...but...capturing her isn't the way to go. Trust me, she won't think about falling in love with you the second she sees you."

I ran my hand through my hair, "I need her, Alonzo."

"I know, but this isn't the right way."

"She'll hate me for a long time, but in the end, this will save her. I know what that man has done to her, I know how he treats her. He's not a father to her, he never was since her mother was killed."

"And do you not remember who killed her?" He asked.

I swallowed, "And that is why she's going to hate me. If she doesn't already."

He sighed in defeat, "Very well."

Once I was alone again, I slumped down in my chair. I bit my lip, I remembered the words of rejection I had spat at her. I remembered how she had winced before masking her emotions and throwing my words right back at me.

"You think your rejection is going to hurt me? News flash, if I don't care, it won't hurt. And sorry babe, but I don't care nor love you. I could never love an Alpha such as yourself."

Her words, they swam around in my head. I groaned, I had fucked up by breaking her heart.

"At least you're still a virgin, that counts...right?" My wolf sounded.

"No. Not when I took her heart and crushed it." I replied.

"I don't believe we crushed it, Odysseus....we just made it darker."

A/N: Decided to give you guys a sneak peek! :)