chapter 5

"did you thank your mom for watching the kids while we are out?" i asked alex who was focusing on driving. 

"yeah i did." he sighed. alex gets mad when i keep on him about being grateful for his mom, he doesnt want to think about the fact that shes dying from cancer.. 

"so if you dont mind me asking alex what type of cancer does your mom have?" tyler questioned trying to be as sensitive as he could. 

"umm she has breast cancer.." he trailed off trying not to break down. 

"shes had it before and beat it but this time its staying and its killing her.." he finished. everyone in the car was silent now. 

"so tyler what have you been up to in the past 4 years?" luke turned to tyler and i was turned in my seat to be in the conversation as well. 

"well um i went to college and got a degree in writing and before plus during my college years i was working for a book publishing company, i got really close to the boss because she was like my mom since i was no longer around mine for the time being, once i had my degree she promoted me as her assistant so that means i take care of her meetings who is able to see her and i can find new talent and books for to look over and see if she wants to publish them."  tyler smiled and kept staring at me. 

i had to admit when he started to say he went for writing i was lost because my brother was never the one to be able to take time out of his life to finish something that could take a few months to complete but i soon caught on that he remembered that before and while i was pregnant with nathan i took up writing on a website and fell in love with it. 

"thats so amazing and convenient for your sister aye." luke smirked. tyler just chuckled nodding his head in agreement. 

"have you writen any new books since i left?" my brother questioned me.

"yeah ive written i think about 8 completed and im working on one at the moment plus a few drafts." 

"do you have any that are publishable material to you?" excitement grew within me and i could barley control it. 

"um im not sure do you want to go through my list of them?" he nodded his head so i handed my phone over to him after clicking on the app and the page where i had all of my books ive written so far. 

"this book called 'shot into adulthood' sounds pretty cool." he kept his eyes on the screen looking through still. 

"thanks, its about how i was meerly a child when i had to grow up fast since i got pregnant and had to deal with so much so quickly and then came along the proposal at age 17/18 and a new baby on the way as well." i saw alex smile from the corner of my eye making me blush and smile as well. ive been with alex for about 5 years and still to this day he makes me feel like im going to vomit butterflies.

"speaking of which when was the wedding?" luke alex and i only looked at each other and then sadly looked back at my brother. 

"we havent gotten married yet, we are still engaged and all but alex and i dont have the money to even afford a small wedding which in all honestly our wedding would be small anyways since neither of us had much family."

"ill pay for it." thank god we had arrived at the amusement park and we were in the parking lot because alex jolted us forward from stopping to hard. 

"tyler no you have your own wedding to pay for."

"eh abigail's parents would mainly pay for it the only thing i would have to pay for is my suit but if i pay for your guys wedding my suit would be taken care of already haha." he just smiled.

"i cant take that offer." i said getting out of the car. 

"why not?" tyler was clearly shocked about my refusal. 

"because tyler its to much to ask for."

"you werent asking im offering well more like insisting." he stepped in front of me. 

"i dont know.."

"please." he stuck out his bottom lip giving me puppy dog eyes. 

"fine but im paying you back as soon as i get the money."

"ok but no promises that i wont send you that money back to you." he laughed and i rolled my eyes. alex came over to me and put his arm around my shoulder as he kissed the top of my head.

"we are finally going to be mr. & mrs.manchester all thanks to your brother." alex whispered sweetly to me. i nuzzled my head in his chest as we walked in front of luke and my brother.