Chapter 24

I woke up around 8am so I could have time to get ready and eat before going shopping with Emily. As soon as I got out of bed I opened my door and headed into the kid's room.  I woke them up one by one and had them follow me into my giant bathroom.

We all stripped out of our clothes and I turned on the water for the bathtub and the shower making both of them warm. As I showered the kids washed themselves and I got myself and them dressed in whatever they picked out.

I threw on a flowey army green dress and I put the kids into a plain t shirt and a pair of black pants. I put mine and Bonnie's hair into a high pony tail and I brushed Nathan's hair and gelled the front up. I patted their butts after I was done to let them know they can head down stairs.

"Alex wake up." I shook my soon to be husband awake.

"Nuuuu, 10 more minutes." He whined.

"I'm leaving with the kids right now, we'll be back later on, you better get up and take my brother and Luke to get your suits." I grabbed my phone and keys stuffing them into my purse as I walked down the steps.

Emily had pulled in the drive way and honked. I quickly grabbed their double seated stroller and told them to let's go.

"We can take my car since their car seats are in there."

"Oh okay then." She turned her car off and got into mine.

it took us about 15-20 minutes to get to the small dress shop that was a city over. a blonde woman had come up to us with a smile and offered her services to help find the perfect dresses. as i looked around and pulled out a few different ones the woman would take them and put them in a fitting room or give an opinion if it would look good on my body type as well as telling me the prices.

after about 30 minutes of looking around i finally got settled into the fitting room. i tried on a couple dresses that were really pretty. one was a short white dress that had the bodes cover the entire torso and chest with no sleeves, another one was floor length, satin and had some long lace sleeve again in white. none of the dresses that i had seen were giving me that feeling of "the one".

"ok so these dresses havent worked out, what styles do you like the most or what kind of color are you looking for in the dress?" the woman ; jazzy, had asked me so we could narrow down options.

"i kinda want a ball gown, i like simple but not plain, sparkles are nice, not really a all out bling girl, hmm and i do like the look of a corset looking tops." jazzy's face lit up as if a light bulb went on in her brain. she told me to wait in my silk rob the shop let the guests wear in between dress changes.

"ok so instead of you seeing this dress im just going to have you put it on and then see yourself." i nodded my head and got into a dress that by feel was a strapless, and fluffy dress.

i had walked out onto the little platform and turning to look in the mirror both mine and emily's face were in shock, the kids were clapping in agreement.

the dress was a ball gown, not too big not too flat, it was like a bronze gold color but it wasnt shiny, there was a tulle skirt over the satin under skirt, the bodes of the dress was a sweet heart neck line almost sheer but not quite corset that stopped a few inches before my belly button and started into the skirt,where the bodes and skirt met was a satin ribbon the same color as the dress that tied into a little bow off the side of my torso. all over was glitter but it wasnt as if someone were to just dump an entire bottle on the dress it was enough to sparkle in the light and enough to satisfy my glitter needs.

"its perfect! this is my dress i dont want to look at anything else this is my dress." i nearly cried. the kids were glad the shopping day was almost over and i was really excited to have my dream dress.

"how much does this dress cost?" emily had asked for me while i admired the fabric on my body.

"its 2,500." the sales woman had admitted making my stomach jump to my throat."

"fuck.." i whispered to myself.

"whats wrong angel?" emily questioned me.

"its out of budget for me... i was only able to put aside 1,500 for my dress.." i became extremely depressed and stepped off the platform to head back to the dressing room.

"ill pay for it." she said bluntly.

"em i cant ask you do that."

"youre not asking im saying i will, i mean you are my best friend and besides think of it as a wedding gift/ welcome back into my life gift." she giggled.

a huge smile spread across my face and i ran and hugged emily as tight as i could.

"ill give you the 1,500 and when i get the other 1,500 ill give it to you right away." i added after our hug.

"no its fine you can just give me the 1,500 just to tell alex you bought it, dont worry about the other half."

"are you sure, i mean its alot missing.."

"yeah im positive, im well off i can spend my money however i please." she laughed. once we had bought my dress we looked around for a dress she liked and she had picked out a beautiful mid thigh length dress, with a peachy pink tulle colored skirt, and a sweet heart gold sequence bodes. it was very cute and simple but elegant.

after being out for 4 hours we decided to stop and get some food before going back to the house.