Chapter 22

A/N Emily is in the picture above/side.

As I walked into the warm atmosphere of the coffee shop, the familiar smell of coffee beans filled the air. I spotted a pale,thin,red head sitting down at a table for two. I walked over slowly to her and sat down. A smile spread across both of our faces and we half way stood up and gave each other a quick hug.

"Emily you look so beautiful! You've grown up so much!" I said taking in her features. Her naturally long,wavy, red hair was put into a side braid, her skin was white as snow and her cheeks were red like a rose. Her lips were tinted a light red, the only makeup she had on was some winged eyeliner and mascara around her bright green eyes. Suiting her innocent look.

"Same to you angel, you look so different!" Her eyes traveled all over my face.

"How have you been?" I asked getting comfortable in the hard wood chair.

"I've been doing great actually, I just finished my first term at law school."

"You're going to be a lawyer?" I asked a bit surprised.

"Yeah! I thought it would be pretty cool to do when I binge watched law and order." She laughed. I giggled with her.

"Well as long as it's something you won't regret putting time, money and effort into then I'm super happy for you!" I said with honesty.

"I am happy with it, anyways what do you do for a living?" Her eyes searched my eyes waiting for an answer.

"Well it's nothing special I work a couple hours as a nurse for the child orphanage down town." I had informed her.

"That's so nice. Do you enjoy it?"

"Oh yes, I love working with the kids, it just breaks my heart to see them without a loving family."

"Same here, I couldn't bare to see that. That's why I chose to become a lawyer to help those who came to me." A smile appeared on my face for a few moments as as I listened.

Emily and I talked for a while about the things that happened while we were apart. We ended up drinking like 3 cups of coffee which is more than I've ever had in my life time.

"I do have a question for you angel, why did you call me after all these years?" Emily asked me as she sipped on her coffee.

My heart started to race, I felt like I was in trouble even though I just wanted her to be apart of my life again.

"I called because my fiancé Alex and I are getting married soon, as I was thinking of bridesmaids I was getting upset that I didn't really have any friends that were women and then you popped into my brain so I figured I have nothing left to loose and tried to contact you. Which worked." I smiled at the end of my explanation.

"Well I'm glad you thought of me, I've missed you through the years and I wish we never lost contact."

"Same here, but since we are on the subject of my wedding, would you like to be my maid of honor?" I asked hopefully.

"I would love to!" Emily giggled making my stomach release the knots of tension.

"Perfect! Would you like to come by the house to meet the family?" I asked her since it was only 4:30.

"Sure why not?" We both smiled and grabbed our things before heading out the door.

I have her my address and had her follow me back to my house.