Chapter 18

ANGEL POV

"Are you seriously going to have dinner with him?" Alex groaned as he laid on the bed.

"Yes you've known about this for like 2 weeks babe. I don't know why you're still holding a grudge on him." I replied him as I fiddled putting on an earring.

"Because of everything he did to you, to us!" He was now standing by the bed.

"He apologized for it and I forgave him. He has proven himself alex, he takes good care of the kids while we are away and he hasn't started any fights only you have." I pointed my finger against his chest looking him directly in the eyes.

"I'm not apologizing for how I've been acting-" before he could finish I cut him off.

"Well you should because you've been an asshole." His face was surprised and he started to become mad.

"Whatever you can take the kids to your family." He stormed out of the room.

Rolling my eyes I looked my self in the full body length mirror. I wore a red dress that had a 2 finger width strap on both shoulders, the neck line was a slight sweet heart, and the length came down to above my mid thigh. I placed a gold belt at the seam where the two halves of the dress met. Pairing the dress with a pair of nude colored heels my outfit was complete.

I sat down at my vanity putting on my normal makeup routine put adding red tinted chapstick I then curled my hair and walked out of my bathroom.

Walking over to my night stand I grabbed my cream colored purse putting my wallet,keys, and cell phone in the small purse.

"Kids come down stairs now!" I yelled as I walked down the steps carefully.

I saw Alex sitting on the couch watching tv. I walked into the living room and crossed my arms.

"Are you going to watch your kids or are you going to keep acting like an asshole?" I got nothing from him but a glance.

"Ugh! You being so retarded lately!" I screamed and stomped off into the kitchen.

I pulled my phone out of my purse and dialed my mom's number.

"Hello?" My mothers sweet voice answered.

"Hey mom can you watch the kids tonight? I'm going out with a friend."

"Why can't alex watch his kids?"

"He's being fucking stupid lately."

"Um okay, I'll be there in 5 to get them." I told her thank you and got the kids over night bag ready. By the time I was finished getting the bag together and them dressed my mom was here.

I slid my arm through the straps of the fairly big bag and carried both children on my hips down the stairs trying not to fall considering in also in heels.  I had Nathan open the door for me and close it.  My mom got out of the car taking Bonnie and Nathan so she can buckle them in. After I put the bag in the front seat I helped get the kids settled.

"So why are you all dressed up?"

"Ryan is taking me to a fancy place to catch up."

"Why a fancy place just to talk about old events?" Her eyebrows furrowed in curiosity.

"He said he felt bad for how he treated me so I deserve some place nice." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Well I hope you have fun and if you are going to be drinking do not drive !" She pointed a finger at me as she made her words clear. I nodded my head shooing her into the car and take off. I waved good bye to her and right after she left Ryan pulled up.