Chapter 19 : Friendship

Caroline's POV.
I wake up to the sound of Elijah's phone going off. I could hear Elijah start to get up.

"I got it!" I yelled walking over to the phone.

I see the caller ID as Niklaus. I smile and answer the phone.

[Phone conversation]
Klaus: Caroline

Caroline: Yes

Klaus: I need to tell you something important

Caroline: Go ahead

Klaus: Not over the phone meet me at the boundary

Caroline: Ok

Klaus: Goodbye Caroline

Caroline: Goodbye
[End of Phone conversation]

I walk over to Elijah and see him laying down peacefully. The sight of this makes me happy. Elijah? Peaceful? Well maybe human Elijah.

"Hello." I say to Niklaus, Lizzie, and Bonnie at the border.

They all look at me worried more worried then yesterday.

"What's wrong?" I whisper.

That's when Klaus told me about Josie.

~Flashback~
Lizzie walks over to Josie's room wondering how she is. She knocks at the door. No answer. She tries again before opening the door. She looked around to see clothes thrown everywhere, but no Josie.

She ran down stairs looking for her.

"What's wrong?" Bonnie asked.

"I can't find Josie." Lizzie yells.

"What's going on down here?" Klaus asked coming down stairs.

If on cue Lizzie got a text message.

Josie: I'm going with Davina to look for a witch. I have to do this for mom. Don't try to look for me or get me to come back. I will be fine with Davina... I love you guys..all of you..

~End of Flashback-

Omg! What was Josie doing? Why is she doing this? She could get hurt or worse. I feel like the worst mother in the world.

"What are we going to do?" I whisper to myself and start to pace.

The worst part is I couldn't do anything. I'm trapped here, useless.

"There's nothing we can do. I lost my powers Caroline." Bonnie said.

Bonnie lost her powers because of me. She was trying to get me out and she lost her powers. I just can't deal with all this guilt. I hate other people sacrificing things for me

"Bonnie I'm so sorry." I said tears flowing down my face.

"It's ok Caroline, magic isn't everything I'm here with you and my beautiful nieces. You guys are my family." Bonnie said walking over and hugging Caroline.

"Bonnie but-"

"I'm human remember." Bonnie said walking back over to klaus and Lizzie.