Chapter 30: Mornings

A: Not edited so sorry for mistakes and vote if you cool.

Lizzie's POV.
With a sharp snap, I turned around. A large deer sat in the middle of a huge forest. His eyes were trained on me with fear edged in them.

Before I can comprehend what's going on, a lion comes out of no where. I turn back to the deer and it's still looking at me. It continues even when the lion is running towards it.

I want to warn the deer, but all I can do is stare at it. Even as it's getting eaten all I can do is stare.

My head jumps up and I'm sitting in my bed. I turn and see Josie and Hope laying in their beds. I take a huge breath.

It was just a dream.

I look over at my alarm. It read a quarter past six. Josie would be waking up soon and if she saw me awake she'd immediately start asking questions and I was just not in the mood for an interrogation.

So I pull on a sweatshirt, jeans, and some tennis shoes and head outside. It was still dark and the breeze was heavy, but I didn't mind. It wasn't like vampires got cold.

The longer I walked, the better I felt. It was peaceful walking around with little distractions beside the handful of students walking around as well.

"Hello, Ms. Mikealson." A voice sounded from in front of me.

I glanced up and noticed my professor standing with his hands in his pockets.

"Good morning, Mr. Robertson." I responded, politely.

"How are you surviving with such little clothing on in this weather?" He asks, slightly concerned.

I faked a shiver and hugged myself slightly. "I just got out here a second ago, didn't realize it was so cold."

"Let's get you inside then, before you freeze to death. My classroom is just right here."

He grabs his keys and I follow him inside. He turns on the light and pulls off his jacket.

"It takes a few minutes to heat up, these old school." Mr. Robertson speaks with a laugh. "Now what's got you up and out so early?"

He takes a seat at his desk and motions for me to sit on the other side.

"Well.. I couldn't sleep so I decided to walk around a bit."

"In the freezing cold?"

"Yeah, I didn't think that through." I added a light fake laugh.

Mr. Robertson pulled a box out of his desk and put it between us on the desk.

"I used to have really bad nightmares and couldn't sleep for days it seemed like, but these worked like a charm." He handed me a tea bag.

"Thank you, but I wouldn't want to take these from you.."

"No it's fine really. I don't have trouble sleeping anymore, not with having to deal with these college students all day." He laughs handing me the whole box.

"Thank you, Mr. Robertson. I hope these help." I said hopeful. "I should get back to my dorm."

"Yes, here I have an extra jacket here. Please do take it."

"It's ok my dorm-"

"It's to cold to be walking out there with only a small jacket." He insisted holding the jacket out to me.

"Thanks. I'll give it back to you durning class."

"Goodbye, Elizabeth."

"Bye, Mr. Robertson."