Chapter 25 : Bye

Lizzie's POV.
I ran over my dad. I wrapped my arms around him, kissing his cheek.

"Dad, are you ok?" I asked.

"Better now lizbug." Dad replied.

"Dad you haven't called me lizbug since I was thirteen." I laughed.

He turned his head and smiled.

"And josbug." Dad said.

I turned around and saw my sister. She walked over and hugged our father.

"I love you dad." Josie said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Love you, too my little bugs." He said his eyes falling shut.

"Girls let's get him to bed. He needs his rest." Mom said.

"Thanks Carebear." My dad said making my mom laugh.

"Your welcome Ricbear." My Mom replied.

Hopes POV.
I sat on the couch silently.

"Hey Hope. Everything ok." I heard my mom say walking over to me.

"Yeah....I just feel so guilty."

"Why?"

"I feel like this is all my fault. Like I could have stop this somehow."

"Honey there's nothing you could have done."

"The only reason their in New Orleans is because of me."

My mother came and just held me. I felt terrible for what I've done. They would have been happier and safer if I had just stayed away.

"Sweetheart, they don't blame you so don't be blaming yourself. Ok?" My Mom comforts me.

"Hope you can't stop every little thing that's gonna happen." My father said sitting next to me.

"I feel more pain then when I was with Tristan." I said looking into my fathers eyes still in my mothers hold.

"It hurts the most when it's someone you love, like your family." He says squeezing my hand.

"Thank you guys. I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." I heard my mother and father both say.

Josie's POV.
I find my way in the Mikealson library. It was huge, like what I dream of huge.

I walk the library scanning every book. Most are history books and first editions.

I find an old hard covered book. It looked like it was in French.

Poèmes de romance français.

I begin to read the book when I hear the door open and shut. I look up to see Elijah.

"Sorry to interrupt. I didn't believe anyone was in here." Elijah said.

"It's no problem. I was with my dad with Lizzie and Mom, but I just. I needed a little escape." I replied.

"Sometimes you can't handle the reality of something, so turning away from it is the only option." Elijah said seriously sitting in the couch in front of me.