Chapter 1: You Can't Be Serious!

A few years later....

Hayden

The past 5 years have been pretty hepatic ever since my father has been in jail. I have had to get my own job, learn how to cook and also clean with the help of my aunty and uncle. But I have been thinking of going to New York City for 5 years now since my father was transferred jails from California to New York.

I do remember when I was young my parents and I would go around America and go to New York first to go to all the famous landmarks, but after mother died from a serious car crash, dad was never the same. He would always stay in his room, not doing anything except draw mother in every picture and every detail he drew just looked like her. The curves of her lips, the strands of her hair, her perfect smile and teeth. Those skills that he has been working on since he was a child, makes me shocked that a man who doesn't do much art, can do it so well.

"Hayden! I have some good news for you!" Aunty Ethel says as she stops at my front door of my room.

"What is it Ethel?" I turn around to see her there with her perfect smile.

"Well, do you remember how for the past 5 years you have been thinking of going to New York?"

"Yes I remember that, but why are you asking me?" I am so confused right now, why is she discussing this with me?

"Well, I have actually found a unit that you can live in at New York. The furniture is already in there except for your bedroom which is here right now."

"No way! Your actually got me a house in New York!" I yell at Ethel and a huge smile spreads on her face.

"Yes, you are going to New York and also just to let you know, your tickets have been brought, all you got to do it collect them from the airport, but the thing is you have to ride 2 planes. One to 'San Francisco' and then to New York. But you have to run for your second flight to New York because you only have 10 minutes before your next flight, make sure you don't lose your luggage."

"Aunty, I won't don't worry! But how long do I have until my first flight leaves?"

"You have an hour and a half, so it's best if you quickly to the airport and get your stuff into the plane," She passes me one of my suitcases and I give her a soft smile.

"Alright then, I should get the rest of my suitcases,"

"Of course, now hurry up! We need to take you to the airport." Ethel walks out of my room and I keep on smiling. I can't believe she is my aunty; she has been there for me ever since dad was sent to jail, I have been really depressed and alone if it wasn't without my aunty Ethel and uncle Bob.

"Are you coming!" Ethel yells from downstairs.

"Yes I am coming!" I grab the rest of my suitcases and supplies and I rush out of my empty room and I walk down the hall to the top of the stairs, seeing memories on the walls of my mother, father and I when I was young and I sigh sadly.

"I will never forget my mother..."

"You mother was a great woman, but she sadly passed away from a bad car accident," Ethel walks out of the door as she sighs sadly.

"Yeah, she was the best mother I could ever have," I walk over the boot of the car and I put the suitcases in.

"I can't believe that she died like that though..."

"Yeah..."

"But enough about your mother, let's just get you safe to New York first." She hops into the car and I shut the boot.

"Yeah... okay..." I sigh as I close the boot and I walk to the front door of the car and I jump in and I buckle the seat belt.

.............

Narrative

After a twenty-minute drive to the airport, Ethel stops the car and looks to his nephew and she smiles sadly.

"When you get to New York, give me a call okay?" Ethel unbuckles her seatbelt and she opens the car door.

"Of course, and why are you coming with me?" Hayden also unbuckles his seatbelt and he looks to Ethel.

"I was just going to help you get your stuff out of the boot that's all." Ethel gets out of the car and walks towards the boot and Hayden just smiles.

"Alright then." He gets out of the car and he walks over to Ethel and he grabs his suitcases. "Thanks for helping me Ethel." Hayden kisses her cheek and she smiles.

"No worries Hayden, just make sure you stay safe and ring me when you get to New York, but remember what dad said about not falling in love with Policewomen even if they are attractive." Hayden chuckles and he kisses her cheek again.

"Good luck Hayden, I will see you later." She smiles as she shuts the boot and she walks towards the car door and Hayden walks towards the airport getting ready to wait in line to get his ticket.