Chapter 4: Interview

...A few minutes later...

Narrative

After a few minutes of Hayden driving around New York he was in complete bliss, the buildings were inexpiable! They were so shiny, ads and TV's all over the buildings and as well as that there were so many take away places like McDonalds, KFC and so much more.

This place was very magical, even he couldn't resist going all over the city to check it out. Hayden looked at some of the famous buildings in the city, he even went to the dock to see the Statue of Liberty! He really has made his experience better and better.

Hayden

The past couple of hours have been so much fun! I have been driving around this beautiful city and the tourists' attractions are just unbelievable, The Statue of Liberty is so beautiful as I drove past, and I also looked at some famous buildings and they are spectacular! I am so glad I decided to come here!

I keep driving around the city, I notice that Starbucks was just down the road and on the door there was a piece of paper saying 'Looking for work' and a huge grin spreads on my face.

"I might as well go for a job." I turn the steering wheel to the right which makes me turn into the back of the Starbucks carpark and I park my car in a park. I quickly get out of the car and I head towards the coffee shop with a huge smile on my face.

"Hopefully I get the job." I whisper to myself as I open the glass door and I look around the store to see children laughing as they drink their hot chocolates as their parents are laughing while drinking their coffees. This is the most amazing store I could ever see, there was a red carpet on the ground and it leads up to the counter, all the seats look very soft and some of the tables have bean bags as seats which looked quite comfy.

"Sir, can I help you?" The waitress says as she is holding a pen.

"Y-Yes, I would like to get a job here." I say as I cross my arms as I grin to the lady.

"Of course, I will grab my boss and you can go have an interview." She says and the waitress walks into the back of the store. As I wait, I walk over to a free table and I sit there waiting.

A couple of minutes later, a tall man with blonde hair, wearing the uniform of StarBucks walks over to me with a clipboard and his apple laptop.

"You must be the man who wanted to work here, is that correct?" He puts his laptop onto the table and quickly opens it revealing a bright screen with documents on it.

"Yes, that is me."

"Then do you have the courage to work at this shop? Learn our ways and also make new friends?" He says, while looking at his laptop, then facing me.

"Yes I am occupied to do that." I state.

"Good, now do you have your resume and cover letter?" He asks.

"Uh... I actually don't have them on me right now, I thought I didn't need them."

"That's perfectly fine, could you send them to me this afternoon."

"Of course I can, but first I need to find my way around here, I have never been to New York before so I am getting a little lost." I confess.

"That's perfectly fine, what's your address?" I pass him the piece of paper which contains my address and he smiles.

"I know this address, it's just down the street from here. How about I show you where it is, then you can print out your resume and cover letter for me?"

"Of course that would be a great honour sir," I say.

"Alright then, but a couple of more questions, have you have a criminal history by any chance?"

"Yes I actually do have a criminal history...." I say and I start to laugh nervously. He looks at me surprised and he closes his laptop.

"Does this mean I might still get the job?" I ask nervously.

"Don't worry, I won't judge you for your criminal history, but what is your full name?"
"Hayden Haddock." I state and his eyes widen.

"Your Stoick's son? The Stoick's son!" he whispered/yelled and I nod.

"The one and only sir, but I wasn't as bad as my father, I went with him to some missions, but not many."
"I believe you on that, but would you like me to show you to your address?"

"Yes, but what is your name?" I ask politely.

"Oh, where are my manners, my name is Alex Sanchez," Alex says as he puts his hand out to me and I accept it.

"I like your name." I say and I chuckle.

"Thanks, but let's take you to your place." Alex says and he stands up from his seat.

"Alright then, let's go."