Chapter 33: Let Him Free

Narrative
As Astrid gets out of Haydens arms, she starts to work towards her boss, General Murfy. "General." She said while stopping in front of the old man and he looks at her curious.

"Yes?" He said and the officer takes a deep breath.

"Can we please cancel this kill? I know that we voted and I know that I am supposed to do this. But I understand what my friend is telling me. His father is in jail so if that happened to him, then he would be devistated. If that was your son, what would you do?" Astrid said crossing her arms and he sighed.

"I would just let him live and do his prison sentence." Martin said.

"Exactly! So why don't you do that for Crash?"

"But you said that you wanted him dead in the first place!" He hissed at the young police officer and she gives him the death glare.

"At least I changed my mind!" She screamed at the top of her lungs which caused everyones attention.

"Don't you dare get everyones attention, Hofferson," He threatened.

"I will until you let him just go to jail and stay alive!" She hissed which caused Crash to look back.

"You wanted this Hofferson," He reminded her and she shook her head.

"I changed my mind, since I lost my parent's of incidences that are too fumilar, I shouldn't  make the mistake of doing the same to someone else." She said and he sighed, he understands what she had gone through, but sometimes its for the best.

"Alright, just this one Hofferson, but remember, I got my eye on you," He said giving the young girl a death glare and a huge smile spreads on her face. "Thank you sir," She said before going over to the two police men who were holding Crash near where his death was going to be and she bobs down and faces Crash who was just looking down.

"I am guessing you are going to kill my now?" He mumbled with a slight of sadness in his voice and she used two of her fingers to put his chin up to face the officer.

"You aren't going to be killed." She said and his eyes widen.

"W-Wha-"

"You will be in jail for your sentence though, it's 3 years in jail," She said and he nods quickly.

"Before he goes to jail, I have one more little thing that I have to do." She said before going over to the family as they bow their heads in fear just to hear that one gun shot that would kill the poor boy.

"Look up," She ordered and they didn't listen.

"I SAID LOOK UP!" She screamed at the top of her lungs and they all looked up in anger, but also making the baby in the mothers arms cry. "Sorry if I made your child cry, but I am letting you know that Crash Henderson will not be killed, but he will do his 3 year sentence." She said and the mother looks at young officer with the biggest smoile on her face.

"You would really do that for my son?"

"Yes, I have been there before with my parent's both killed by murders... And I know he killed people... But he doesn't deserve that... Espcially since christmas is coming up. At least you have him still alive and well in New York Cities jail." She said smiling and the mother quickly took her hand out for the officer to shake.

"Thank you officer Hofferson, but I am very sorry about your mother." Mrs Henderson said and the officer shakes her hand.

"No worries and thank you..." She mumbled before she stood up straight and proudly. 

"CRASH HENDERSON IS NOT GUILTY OF DEATH! BUT WILL SENTENCE 3 YEARS OF JAIL TIME BEFORE HE GETS OUT!" The young officer yelled out to the audience and a few cheers erupted from it, but some looked very disappointed.  

"Now everyone, please go home," Astrid said before going over to Crash to take him away into her police car to head straight for the jail.

"Officer Hofferson," Mrs Henderson says as she walks up to her and she stops to look at her.

"Yes?"

"Is there anything I could do for you to spare christmas, Especially since you lost your mother by my son. I really want to owe you." She said and the officer sighed extremely.

"Don't worry about it, your son is safe, that's all it matters." She said before putting Crash into the police car and slamming the door shut before going off to the drivers seat.

"Please!" She begged.

"No, I am spending christmas by myself this year. That's what I want." Astrid said before going into the car and driving off to the jail, leaving Mrs Henderson there in shock and sadness.

[Here's a new chapter for you all! I hope you liked it! And thank you for over 5K on this book. You really did surprise me. But on the other note, I am going to updating another chapter on The Hunger Games later on today as well as one on here. I really want to try and finish off this book before I go back to school next year so I am trying to update as much as possible.

Thanks,

Foreverhttyd xx]