Chapter 12: What Can I Do?

Ally

After Hayden had agreed with me, a huge smile spreads on my face. I finally get to hang out with my old friend of mine after all these years. But I really want it to be more then that... even after the incident of the death of my father, I knew that Hayden would never do such a thing. But there is one thing I still need to find out from him. Why did he come to New York? I mean I thought after graduation he never wanted to see me again?

"Hey Ally, what are you thinking about?" Alissa asks as we are on our break.

"Hayden." I tell her.

"Let me guess, you want to have a relationship with him, even after all the sh!t he did to your family?"

"Yes, but he does have another side to that Alissa," I tell her.

"And how is that?" She asks curious while she stands up and heads towards her hand bag.

"Well, when we were friends, the two of us protected each other all the time, we used to keep close secrets to each other, we laughed, hugged... and we went on vacation together once..." I sigh sadly and she puts her hand onto my shoulder from behind.

"Ally, he changed ever since that incident," She tells me.

"But he wasn't even at the death of my father, because if he was it would be a different story." I explain to her and she just rolls her eyes to me annoyed.

"You need to know that if he does something bad like he did when you were younger, you will be the one arresting him... not us..." She whispers into my ear, then she walks out of the room leaving me speechless. She can't be serious right now? He wouldn't do that to me... he is clean now? Is he?

...Time skip...

Hayden

I still can't get what my dad said off my mind.... "You should become like me." He is a complete idiot... I wouldn't become like him... and even if I did, the friendship between me and Ally would just go up in smoke. But there is one thing I really want to do before I go clean... I am actually going to get my dad out of that prison... even if it makes me go back in there...

"Hayden, are you alright?" Ethan asks as he sits beside me on the front stairs.

"Yeah I guess..." I mumble to him.

"Are you thinking of Ally and your father again?" He asks me and I simply give him a nod.

"Yeah... it's so hard I mean, my dad wants me to become like him, then I am in love with a police woman, what do I do?" I ask him and he sighs sadly.

"Hayden, you need to follow your heart, not your head." Ethan puts his arm around his shoulder and I look to him with a sad smile.

"I guess so... but there is one more thing I am going to do before I retire for good..."

"And what is that?"

"I have thought of getting my father out of jail..."

"But how are you going to do it?" He asks.

"Well I am going to have to think about that... but that will be years away." I explain to him and he nods in agreement.

"Good, but make sure you tell Ally what you're going to do eventually," Ethan says, but as he says that I see a car park into my drive way, revealing Ally in her uniform smiling.

"Hey!" She yells out to us.

"Hello!" Ethan greets and I just smile.

"Well I thought I would get a hello from you Hiccup." Ally says chuckling a little and I roll my eyes playfully to her.

"Well, hello Milady," I smirk and she blushes a little which causes Ethan to chuckle.

"Well Hayden, I need to go to work, have fun you two." Ethan takes his hand off me and he walks towards his car and I get up.

"Well, do you want to do something?" Ally asks me and I smile.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we can get to know each other again, I mean because we haven't gotten to get a long in a long time." I explain to her and she nods.

"That's a great idea."

--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, since I didn't update a couple of days back, I have an extra chapter for you. But is this story boring at the moment? Or is it getting good? Because I haven't done a fan fiction like this since I always rush it. Can you comment down what you think? But 4 chapters are coming tomorrow because on Sunday I am busy with some plans, but I might be able to post a chapter. 

Thanks guys!

Foreverhttyd.