Chapter 1

Blizzard liked the desert.

It was quite strange for an IceWing to say that, but she liked it. The intense heat made her feel less cold, less like the beast she is.

Blizzard was iceborn, and she hated it with all her will. Now, she didn't mind the power. When she lived in the Ice Kingdom, her power secured her place at the top of the rankings.

But her power also had her parents hate her. Everyone regarded Blizzard with respect out of fear, but her mother Frost and her father Iceberg clearly hated her and her brother with a passion. In fact, she was sure her brother was the only dragon who every really cared about her.

And now, her love for her brother got her the death sentence. She defended her brother with all her might, knowing that if she didn't kill Frigid, then he would kill Permafrost.

And now, Blizzard is a runaway.

A day ago, she escaped by attacking her own mother, then fleeing the kingdom to the south. She did stop until she got to the desert.

She had planned to take Permafrost with her, but his tiny wings made it impossible for him to fly. And it wasn't like she could carry him. She hated herself right now, leaving her brother in a place that he would die in without her protection.

And now, she was basking in the sun brooding in her sorrow and anger.

'How very... in-IceWing,' Blizzard thought. The sand around her was cold, her ice scales cooling it.

What was she to do now? It wouldn't be long before Queen Hoarfrost sent out messengers about her escape. But it's only been a day. And yet she hasn't seen anyone fly past the border.

'I just need... I need to get to a city before an IceWing gets there,' Blizzard thought.

She looked up at the blazing sun, then to the horizon.

'The SandWing Stronghold is out of the question,' she thought. 'If I head east, I'll get to the SkyWings. Hm... no, they don't have any animuses,'

Her plan was simple. The IceWings will say they are looking for an IceWing with frost scales. She just needs to find an animus to take away her frost scales, and she'll be safe.

'The SeaWings have many animuses. Queen Lionfish is one. But they're too far away,' Blizzard contemplated her situation. 'RainWings? Definatly not. NightWings... Maybe. But I haven't heard of an animus from there yet. Ugh... what do I do then? The MudWings won't help, nor the SandWings. Should I go to the Capital? No...'

Her options were running out quickly. But the name of a very probable hope appeared. 'Oh, right. I should go to Possibility,'

There, Possibility was one of the largest cities in Pyrrhia. And it was currently the closest. If there wasn't an animus there, then Blizzard didn't know what she would do.

With her mind set, Blizzard started to get up. The sand shifted like loose snow under her talons. The desert was like a hot version of the tundra, Blizzard thought.

Blizzard spread her large wings, and froze. She looked at herself again. She looked way different than a normal IceWing. For one, her wings were bigger. Her eyes were a vibrant red. Her spines were more centered, silver in color and looking to be made of silver themselves. Her tail spines were much longer, also looking to be made of silver.

The IceWing took a deep breath and took off into the sky. The hot wind whipped under the Blizzard's wings and lifted her up and forward, moving southeast towards the Great Five-Tail River.

The blue green river appeared in Blizzard's vision sooner than Blizzard expected. The river stretched out deep into the desert, and on the tip of the horizon, Blizzard saw the outline of tall buildings.