Chapter 24

"What's the Grand Headmaster doing here?" Blizzard whispered as the three approached.

"I don't know," Sandstorm said. "We'll find out soon,"

"Blizzard, step forward," Cumulus called. "You need not to feel dread. We are not here to take you away,"

"It's true," The Grand Headmaster said. Their voice was muffled by the mask, and it was nigh impossible to tell if the dragon behind the mask was a male or female. "Like other Magisallian dragons, I, too, have come for refuge,"

"But you're the Grand Headmaster!" Cloud protested. "The best and most powerful dragon there is! You mean the Dark Revolt has taken the Capital Territory?"

"Correct," the Grand Headmaster said with a nod. "But here is not the place to have a conversation. I say we head back to the palace and eat breakfast. After fleeing my home and nearly dying, I am famished,"

The group glanced at each other, but they all seemed to have the same idea when they began to walk towards the royals. There was no running.

There was a quick flight back to the royal island, where another large group of dragons had gathered. They were mostly Magisallian dragons, looking to be worn and torn from what Blizzard guessed was a close escape from the Dark Revolt.

The group landed on the Royal Feast Plaza and took their seats, with Queen Cumulus and King Jetstream on their shared throne, and the Grand Headmaster, Supercell, and Comet on their right, and Sandstorm, Cloud, and Blizzard on their left.

Breakfast began the moment they sat down. Dragons poured out of the kitchens and delivered food to the waiting refugees. Food was also delivered to the dragons on the Royal Plaza.

"So, Queen Cumulus..." Sandstorm started.

"I know," Cumulus said before Sandstorm could continue. "I... After this, I want to speak with Comet and Supercell in private. I have a lot to explain,"

"That much is very apparent," Supercell muttered, sounding bitter. Cumulus visibly flinched and distracted herself by drinking from her chalice.

"So... The Dark Revolt got the Capital Territory?" Supercell turned towards the Grand Headmaster.

"I am afraid so," the Grand Headmaster said. They were fiddling with their mask around the jaw area. There was a faint click, and the jaw of the mask was free to move with the jaw of the Headmaster themselves. The Headmaster also began to eat. "The only Territories left is the Air Skytress and the Water Territory, but they are under constant siege. The Fear, Earth, Plague, and Light Territories surrendered and joined the Dark Revolt. The Neutral Territory was demolished. Almost nothing left,"

"What about the rest?" Blizzard asked.

"The Ice, Fire, Metal, Lightning, Dark and Flora were invaded," The Grand Headmaster said. "Their Grand Master's either killed or they are in hiding,"

"The Metal, Lightning, and Dark Grand Masters are here," Jetstream said. "We have no records of the Fire or Flora Masters,"

"And we all know what happened to Grand Alto," Blizzard added.

"Yes," The Grand Headmaster said, their voice going quieter. "I fear the worst. I cannot fathom how Permafrost was able to grow in power so quickly,"

"Maybe the Tonic of Loyalty?" Cloud offered. "Maybe he force fed a lot of dragons the tonic?"

"Not very likely," Cumulus said. "He might've had enough from the old cult to brew a lot, but the ingredients to make enough to take more than half of Magisalla is pretty much impossible to come by,"