Chapter 8

"Blizzard the IceWing, we give you this certificate of graduation with honor. You have not only been a hard working student, but a powerful and loyal one at that. It has been an honor to be your headmaster,"

Blizzard was standing on a stage in front of all the other students. A small line was formed behind her, formed from other students who were graduating on the same day.

The headmaster of Polar Academy held out a scroll to Blizzard, encased in a silver casing and inscribed with the words Polar Academy Silver, Blizzard the IceWing. The silver certificate meant that Blizzard was one of the highest scoring students.

Grand Alto stood next to the headmaster, a small smile of approval present on his snout.

"Thank you, headmaster. It has been an honor to learn here. I am proud to call myself a Magisallian dragon,' Blizzard said. And she meant every word.

The headmaster smiled, and Blizzard bowed a tiny bit before leaving the stage. Sandstorm, Cloud, Wildflower, and Beach were waiting for her in the audience. Cloud ran up and hugged Blizzard, gawking at the silver coloring of the IceWings' certificate.

Soon, the other dragons received the certificates and the crowd dispersed, allowing Blizzard to converse with her friends without disrupting the ceremony.

"Great going, Blizzard!" Sandstorm said, wrapping a warm wing around Blizzard. Cloud was still hugging Blizzard's arm.

"You got silver!" Cloud repeated, still in awe. "I only got measly bronze! You are SO COOL!"

"Well, we can't celebrate for long," Blizzard said. "I'll be leaving for the Ice Territory soon,"

"Yes, you will," Grand Alto approached. "In fact, our flight is scheduled very soon. I hope you brought everything you packed?"

Blizzard nodded. "Yes, Grand Alto. Everything is waiting outside,"

"Good. Say your last goodbyes. I'll await you outside the gates," Alto then turned, not waiting for a response, and left the room. Wildflower and Beach left with him.

Blizzard turned to Sandstorm and Cloud.

"Thank you, both of you," Blizzard said. "You helped me have a second chance,"

"No need to thank us," Sandstorm said softly, opening his arms for a hug. Blizzard obliged, throwing her wings around Sandstorm and Cloud.

"You'll visit us, right?" Cloud asked.

"You bet my life I will," Blizzard said. "If I don't, then I'll probably be dead,"

"Oh, you won't die," Sandstorm said. "You're pretty powerful. I'd be surprised if anyone managed to kill you,"

"That is true. I've dodged death so far," Blizzard murmured. "Anyway, I better not keep Grand Alto waiting. So... I guess this is-"

"It's not goodbye," Sandstorm interjected. "It is merely a 'See you Later!' situation. You promised to visit us, so it won't be the last time you see us,"

"Right," Blizzard couldn't stop the smile that formed on her usually stoic face. "So, see you two later,"

"See ya, Bliz!" Cloud called as Blizzard turned to walk away.

"Until next time!" Sandstorm called.

Blizzard looked back just before she closed the door behind her. Cloud and Sandstorm were waving with smiles on their faces. Blizzard waved back, then closed the door behind her.

The world outside looked and felt like new. This was the biggest step she was about to take in her new life. Grand Alto was seated at the gates, a few bags set around him. The ones that were decorated with extravagant designs were clearly the Grand Ice Master's, while the more normal looking ones were Blizzard's.