Chapter 9

It took only a year and a half.

A year and a half of ruthless studying and training.

A year and a half living in the Grand Ice Capital.

A year and a half before Blizzard earned her master mark.

Today was the day it would happen. Blizzard felt just as nervous as she felt on the day of her Fury Assessment.

News spread quickly through the Ice Territory that Grand Alto's Apprentice, Blizzard the iceborn IceWing, was going to get her Master Mark today.

Blizzard was fussing with her scarf, which she wanted to wear. Her personal servant, Stratus, was also fussing. Stratus was a species called a CloudWing, which was what Alto was as well.

CloudWings were a species that warred with the SkyWings for the Claws of the Clouds Mountains in Pyrrhia, back when the dragons were first setting up their territories. The SkyWings won, and the CloudWings were driven away from Pyrrhia. They found a mountainous island chain that they made their new Kingdom from. To this day, the CloudWings thrived, and they were the only real kingdom that knew of Magisalla. The CloudWings hid themselves away from Pyrrhia, apparently well enough to where the other Kingdoms forgot about them.

"Stay still," Stratus snapped, shifting Blizzard's wings back down. Stratus has white scales and silvery stripes, spines, and chin fur. His underbelly was a sky blue, as was his wings. His eyes were a bright violet.

"Sorry," Blizzard said, trying to sit as still as possible. "Kind of hard to get over the IceWing solider pose,"

"Just like it's hard for me to get over my soldier habits, when I was given the oh so great promotion to Grand Ice Master Servant," Stratus said as he wrapped silky ribbons around Blizard's wing claws and wing tips.

Blizzard was getting dressed up for the occasion, wearing a formal, yet decorative, attire. Her scarf was skillfully wrapped around her neck and over her shoulders, exposing her chest. Her head was adorned with a light blue silk veil. Her legs were wrapped in blue silks and bracelets adorned with diamonds and sapphires. A white to blue silk bangle hung from her tail. Her wings were currently being fitted with small, blue, silk ribbons. On the floor next to Stratus' claws were horn rings that had yet to be attached.

"So we understand each other," Blizzard said, flexing her claws.

"Yes, yes. Okay, wings, done," Stratus nodded, approving of his work before he grabbed the silver horn rings. Blizzard dipped her head down to give Stratus better access. Stratus fitted the rings on carefully, making minute fixes to make the rings look mirrored.

Stratus stepped back and nodded. "You're attire in complete, Blizzard," Stratus said with a smile. Blizzard looked up and moved to the full body mirror she had received. Blizzard, in her own opinion, was beautiful. The silk on her body followed her movements smoothly, like water. Her ice-like scales gave her the appearance of an adorned ice sculpture.

"This is pretty great," Blizzard said. "Who ordered it?"

"Grand Alto's wife. He drew a picture of you for her to design something for you," Stratus said. Blizzard remembered how well of an artist Alto was. He could draw and paint pictures so well that they looked real.

"I see," Blizzard responded. She swept a talon from side to side, watching the silk follow like a cape.

"Come on, come on! You have a ceremony, feast, and ball to attend," Stratus said. Stratus was also wearing formal wear. Due to him being a past CloudWing Captain, he wore a set of filigree armor with white fabric underneath the armor.