Chapter 4

Sandstorm, Cloud, and Blizzard all slept on the beach to regain their strength. Blizzard's wings and tail still ached, but it was better than yesterday. Sandstorm and Cloud woke up hours after Blizzard.

The IceWing had woken up to the sun rising. She heaved herself into a sitting position, only to have shards of ice fall off her scales. Blizzard noticed that she fell asleep near the tide, so the water around her froze during the night.

Cloud and Sandstorm woke up at the same time, yawning and stretching their wings. Sandstorm looked over in surprise when he saw Blizzard awake.

"What are you doing up so early?" he asked.

"I was trained by the IceWing military," Blizzard explained. "When I'm in unknown territory, I must keep my guard up,"

"This place is friendly, trust me!" Cloud said. "Come on, let's get to the Neutral City,"

"What is it like in the Neutral City?" Blizzard asked, not moving from her spot.

"The Neutral City is the most diverse magical place in Magisalla," Sandstorm said. "Dragons are sent to the Neutral Territory to start their schooling when they reach the legal adult age. They learn the very basics, then they are moved to their appropriate Territory,"

"How long does that take?" Blizzard asked, shaking her wings out.

"Just a couple months," Sandstorm said. "Now let's go,"

Blizzard lifted into the sky and followed the two Fire Masters. The land was mostly flat, with a few hills dotted here and there. Small woodlands dotted the area as well. It wasn't long until Blizzard saw the outline of buildings in the distance. Then, they were landing. There were brick pathways that led into the city. Sandstorm and Cloud led Blizzard into said city, staying by her sides.

"Stay between us," Sandstorm said. "Dragons will be curious enough to see an IceWing. But when they see that you're and iceborn, they might want to ask questions,"

"So you're going to be my guards?" Blizzard asked with a growl. "I'll tell them off,"

"Don't do that!" Cloud squeaked as they passed the first few buildings. "Try to make a good first impression!"

Blizzard scoffed, but stayed quiet. She looked around. The city looked a lot like Possibility, but there were strange symbols scattered in the streets and on the buildings. Dragons were all around. Dragons of all types, and a lot more hybrids than Blizzard had ever seen. Some didn't even look like any regular species.

Many turned stared when they caught sight of Blizzard. Some started to approach, but Sandstorm kept on shooing them away. The trail of frost Blizzard was leaving behind sparked the fact she was an iceborn. Said fact spread quickly, and the dragons parted a clear path so they could pass.

"Where are we going, anyway?" Blizzard asked.

"The Embassy!" Cloud exclaimed. "Since you're older than usual, we need to take you to meet with some high ranking dragons,"

"I'm sure Grand Alto will want to see you," Sandstorm said. "The first IceWing since he was crowned Grand Ice Master wanting to learn Ice? Not to mention you're an iceborn,"

"I bet he'll take you as his apprentice!" Cloud said.

"Doubt it, Cloud," Sandstorm added in quickly. "Grand Alto has never taken a student under his own wing. His standards are way too high,"

"It's an awesome thought, though!" Cloud squeaked.

Blizzard sighed. This was almost too much to take in.