Chapter 18

It took a full hour to get Comet up into the air after they exited the Diamond Caves, after a good nap out in the pine forest outside the Caves. After thirty four failed take off attempts, Comet finally was able to stay stable within the air.

"The winds are now in Comet's command!" Comet exclaimed as he started to fly. "Within a few hours, Comet will be able to fly at top notch capacity!"

Blizzard was able to convince him to just fly straight for now.

Comet was leading them south east. They followed the prince out of the Ice Kingdom, over the Great Ice Wall. Yes, the wall shot at them, but the three Fire Masters created a heat bubble around them that melted the spikes instantly.

They followed the Great Five Tail River, towards Possibility. However, Comet skirted to dodge the city well away from it's boundaries. He led them along the edge of the mountains, on the border of the Sand Kingdom and the Sky Kingdom. Blizzard did not like how close they were getting to the Pyrrhian Capital, which was located near Jade Mountain Academy.

Blizzard was amazed at how quickly Comet recovered over the course of a single day. That very morning, he was stumbling and fumbling in the air with every flap. Now, Comet was flying at speeds that seemed like only a SkyWing could naturally keep up with.

"Comet, slow down!" Sandstorm called.

Comet flipped in the air and started to fly in a sideways eight pattern. "Come on, slowpoke dragons! Comet wants to show his kingdom his new friends!"

"Well we can't fly as fast as you, Comet," Blizzard called.

"Aw, fine. Comet will slow down," Comet suddenly said. He pivoted in the air and flew at Blizzard's pace. He flew very close to the IceWing's side, humming another tune.

"What's the Cloud Kingdom like?" Cloud asked.

"The Cloud Kingdom is the BEST!" Comet roared, his voice echoing off the mountains. "Freedom at it's best! You can go anywhere, any time! The Palace is soooo pretty! It's really tall! Like, super tall! It went up into the clouds!"

"That tall? What about the city?" Sandstorm asked.

"City?" Comet flipped onto his back, flying upside down and giving Sandstorm a confused look. "Cloud Kingdom doesn't have cities,"

"Then what surrounds the Palace?" Cloud asked.

"A few towers that hold some rooms that wouldn't fit in the main Palace," Comet explained. "There's the blacksmith, hospital, prison, the feast plaza, arena, wingery, gardens, bell tower, and the RPC,"

"Where do dragons live then?" Blizzard asked. "Are there no houses or apartments?"

"CloudWings are always travelling," Comet said, doing a flip. "CloudWings never stay in one place, unless you're a royal or an elder or just weird. The only place with permanent living quarters in the Palace. Even then, Comet and his sister flew around the kingdom a lot! Comet knows every CloudWing in the kingdom!"

"That seems a bit much," Blizzard commented. "I was top of the rankings in the Ice Kingdom, yet I never memorized the names of every dragon I met,"

"Comet has a good memory," Comet said. "Comet is the smartest dragon ever! Actually, Comet is the second smartest dragon ever! Supercell is the smartest!"

"Who's Supercell?" Sandstorm asked.

"Supercell is Comet's younger sister," Comet said. "Supercell can memorize a scroll in less than a day! She knows every law withing Magisalla and the Cloud Kingdom. She's a good flier as well as a great sister and an amazing student along with being awesome at dodging assassination attempts! Comet was worried that in the two years he was gone, Supercell died, but now that he thinks about it more, Comet is SUPER sure Supercell is alive!"