Chapter 29

"And don't get up again," the Grand Headmaster snarled at the groaning pile of dragons at their talons. They folded their wings in and checked the area.

The fight had not been an easy one, as the Grand Headmaster knew many of the dragons they fought. It was hard to knock them all down. There were little to no casualties, only knocked out or out of commission dragons. Sandstorm and Comet were in the process of helping Cloud and Supercell. The two Fire Masters were warming Cloud up to keep him from dying.

"Supercell," the Grand Headmaster hurried over to the CloudWing princess, crouching down and examining the Elemental Lock shackles on her wrists. "Stand very still,"

"Please do not break them," Supercell pleaded. "The proximity towards the end of my training is so small..."

"Trust me," the Grand Headmaster said, folding their wings in front of them to hide what they were doing. Supercell tried to crane her neck to see, but to no avail.

The Grand Headmaster slipped off one of the claw covers on their gauntlets, showing a long golden claw. They stuck the claw into the keyhole of the shackles and wriggled it around. Soon, the shackles popped open an Supercell was free.

Supercell ripped her talons free the moment she felt the weight of the shackles leave. She felt around her body and seemed to focus, her eyes flashing red for a moment before she breathed a sigh.

"Thank you, Grand Headmaster," Supercell said before turning to bolt over to where Comet and Sandstorm were. The Grand Headmaster followed after slipping the claw cover back on. Cloud looked almost all the way thawed out, though he was still shivering. His wings were on the ground, limp and looking black. He had clear frostbite on his wings that were probably well beyond healing by even the best Flora Masters.

"Use your element, Cloud," Supercell called, taking Clouds talon in her own. "If your sense of hearing has not left you, then heed my words. Your element will save your life! The inner heat shall warm you,"

Cloud did not answer, which was worrying. But the Grand Headmaster saw his Master Mark flash before it started glowing. The gaps between his scales started glowing faintly, increasing in intensity by the minute.

"What of his wings?" Comet asked. "They look black and limp and dead looking!"

"A severe case of frostbite," the Grand Headmaster stated, walking up and crouching next to the injured SkyWing. "I do not think a Flora Master would be able to help,"

"Can Comet heal them?" Comet asked, looking sad and desperate. "Comet doesn't want Cloud to be flightless! Being flightless is, like, the worst thing!"

"If you think you should," the Grand Headmaster replied. "Then do so,"

Comet shot forward and touched Cloud's wings. But to everyone's shock, the wings did not heal. The black scales remained black, and the wings themselves remained limp.

"Why isn't it working?" Comet hurried, poking Clouds' wings again. "Why isn't it working? Comet demands Cloud's wings to heal!"

"Stop," the Grand Headmaster ordered, pushing Comet's talons away. "It is clear that animus magic will not work. Something is preventing it,"

"But what?" Supercell inquired. "What could block El-Xion magic besides more El-Xion magic? That means another El-Xion exists somewhere,"