Chapter 25 Will You be my Valentine?

Enjoy the chapter! xoxo

Farkle's POV:
Maya and I have been dating again for almost 6 weeks. Like we used to, we hang out everyday.
I want Valentine's day to be a special day for Maya. I bought her chocolate, flowers, and made dinner reservations. She's going to be so happy. I planned the perfect date.
Today's the day. We're even skipping school. Maya wakes up usually at 11:30 a.m. So I have a lot of time. I placed flower petals to my bedroom leading towards my kitchen. I made her favorite food for breakfast which is chocolate pancakes. I poured two glasses of milk. I went to check on Maya. She was awake. I said "Good morning sunshine!" I gave the flowers and chocolates to her. "Morning babe. You really didn't have to do this." I smiled "I wouldn't be a good boyfriend if I didn't." She laughed. "If you say so." We kissed.
Maya followed the trail of flower petals. She saw the pancakes and sat down. "This is just what I needed. You're the best!" Maya hugged me and kissed my cheek.
We finished our breakfast, and went to the park. A lot of couples were there. We're holding hands. She said "I'm lucky to be in love with my best friend." That's me. I said "I'm lucky to have you as a girlfriend." Maya looked at me with her big blue ocean eyes.
We decided to go to the animal shelter. We helped feed and play with dogs. Maya saw a golden retriever with three legs. She started to cry. I put my arms around her. "I feel so bad for the poor thing. He was probably abused and abandoned. No one should be treated like that." I nodded. A worker said "You're right. Archie was hurt. He's now 7 months and is doing really well. Would you like to adopt him?" Before Maya could say anything, I said "Yes, how much?" The worker told us the price. I gave her my credit card.
Maya's POV:
I was speechless. "Why did you do that?" Farkle said "I did it for you. Do you like Archie or not?" "Of course I like him. Thank you. Did you plan this?" I said. He smiled. "Maybe." We bought dog food,  toys, a collar, a leash, a bed and many more stuff for Archie. I don't know what my parents will think of this. Especially when a baby is on the way. My mom's 15 weeks pregnant. I'm still not ready to be a big sister. But Riley is one right now, and she's teaching me stuff.
Farkle and I watched a few romantic movies like "The Notebook" and "Titanic."  We went to the fancy restaurant. The waiter said "Who's this reservation for?" He said "Farkle Minkus." She laughed. "Are serious? That's a name? I'm so sorry for you." I rolled my eyes at her. She then looked at the list. "Sweetie, I don't see your name on the list." Farkle started to get mad. "I made a reservation at 7:00 o'clock. Can I please just get a table???" The waiter said "I'm sorry if you're not on the list, you can't get a table." I told him to calm down and find a different restaurant. We check 6 restaurants. All of them were booked. We went back to his car. It was 9:26 p.m. Farkle said "I'm sorry we didn't get to eat at the fancy restaurant. Today wasn't what I imagined it would be." I held his hand. "Plans aren't always going to be exact. Today was an almost perfect day. I had fun. I'm starving. Can we go to McDonald's?" He nodded. He drove the car and we ate there.
We went to his apartment. Riley and Lucas were taking care of Archie. Lucas said "Archie was a good boy the whole time. I gotta go buddy." He rubbed Archie's head. Riley smiled. "He's such a baby. Auntie has to go. Bye!" She hugged him. They left the apartment.
Farkle's POV:
I said "Now we have the apartment all to ourselves." We ran to my room and locked the door. Maya jumped on me. We started kissing passionately. Suddenly, Archie started barking. Just great. I got up and opened the door for Archie. He jumped on my bed. I said "Not tonight, Maya. We'll do this some other time. First, we have to train Archie how to sleep on his bed." She nodded. We all snuggled together with Archie. And that was my first Valentine's Day with Maya.

Please check out my Instagram user @ fancarpenter. Comment ideas and vote!
I love you. xoxo