Chapter 46 I Can't Lose You

Enjoy this chapter! xoxo

Farkle's POV:
Maya and I were on the phone.
I said, "Where are you?"
"Right now I'm driving back home babe."
I asked, "How far?"
"Seven minutes away."
I smiled. "I'll be waiting for you."
"I know you will."
I said, "I love you."
"I love you too."
Suddenly, I heard a huge crash happening on my phone. "Maya? What's going on? Please answer me!!!" The line disconnected. Damn it. I knew she was hurt. My heart was shattered. I drove to the closest hospital. I went to the front desk and said to this lady, "Where is Maya Hart? I demand to see her now!"
The lady looked at her computer and responded, "Calm down. The ambulance is still on their way with her. They'll be here in any minute now. You don't have to worry."
I nodded. How could I calm down when the love of my life is dying? A few minutes later, I was biting my nails and pacing back and forth. This is all my fault. All of it. I was blaming myself for everything. I couldn't imagine life without her. It wouldn't be the same without her. I needed her in my life. What happened to our happy ending?
Finally Maya was brought to the hospital. I said something to her even though she was unconscious. "Maya, I love you. I will always love you. Please fight this. I know you are strong." Tears fell from my face. The paramedics pushed her in a stretcher. One of them said. "Hey. It's gonna be alright. Okay? We are going straight to surgery."
"What?"
"She got a head injury. We have to fix it."
I sighed. The paramedic patted my back. This is all my fault. This is all my fault. This is all my fault. I kept saying that to myself. I put my hand in hair. I'm so sorry Maya.
«A few hours later»
Maya's family was there and Riley. Dr. Peterson went to the waiting room said, "There is a chance she will wake up. I will show you her room. Come this way."
Maya's parents and I followed Dr. Peterson. She opened the door. I saw Maya's face. It was very pale and beautiful. She was sound asleep. I told everyone that I needed a moment with Maya. I sat down and held her hand. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault, ok? Blame everything on me. I deserve to die. I love you and I can't lose you. You're my best friend, my high school sweetheart, my fool, and love of my life. Don't do this to me. We planned our future together. If you die, I will never be able to forgive myself for what I did. Not ever."
Tears fell from my face. I felt her hand move. Maya's eyes were opening.
"Farkle?"
I hugged her so tight. Then I felt her soft lips against mine. We smiled when we were nose to nose.
"What happened to me?"
I explained to her what happened.
"Omg. Did you miss me?"
"Of course I did Maya. Who wouldn't?"
She blushed. "Um... I heard what you said to me before. It was so sweet. Farkle, I would never let go. I love you way too much. There is not even a chance. And if there was, you should forgive yourself. This wasn't your fault. None of it. If I was gone, you should move on. But right now, I am not going anywhere."
I started blushing. "Me neither." I looked at her. Head to toe. "Damn, you look sexy in your hospital gown."
She laughed and bit her lip. "Well I think you look sexy yourself, Dr. Blonde. Seriously, you really do."
We kissed passionately. We were so happy and in love.

Check out my Instagram @ fancarpenter. Please vote and comment ideas.
I love you all.