Chapter 45 You're My Fool

Enjoy this chapter! xoxo

Maya's POV:
Farkle and I were eating out for dinner. It was perfect. Just the two of us. I looked into his eyes. They were sparkling.
Farkle said, "You are so beautiful tonight, like you always do."
I blushed, "Thank you. You too."
We had a laughing moment.
Soon the waiter took our order.
Farkle held my hand. "I can't wait to marry you. Spend a lifetime with you. Have a family with you."
And in that moment I realized everything was going to change. Everything. Was I afraid of commitment?
"Maya, are you okay?"
"Yeah, yeah. Just fine."
He nodded even though he knew I lied.
"No, actually. I'm sorry I wasn't being honest. I'm afraid that everything will change. I like the way things were. It's just happening way too fast. I don't want to start a family."
Farkle was shocked. "It's hard to keep up with time. But we'll be able to do it together. And before you know it, our babies will be graduating college."
I sighed. "That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to miss a moment when we have kids. We're gonna have to let them go. I'm probably going to be bad mom anyway."
Farkle held both of my hands. "You aren't going to be a bad mom. In fact, you'll make a fantastic mom who takes our kids to soccer practice, dance recitals, and makes great cookies. I love you, that's what matters. Everything will change, but honey, you're my fool. My one and only fool. That won't ever change."
I smiled. Maybe cried a little... "Yes. We'll have a big family. Five kids, one dog. It will be perfect. I'm really sorry that I was such a wussy. Of course I want a family with you, who wouldn't? Family is a big commitment, but I'm willing to having it with you."
He leaned in and kissed me.
I'm his fool. The one and only. And that won't ever changed.

Check out my Instagram @ fancarpenter. Please vote and comment ideas.
I love you all.