Chapter 22 Friends with Feelings

Enjoy the chapter! xoxo

Maya's POV:
So it's been exactly one week since Farkle and I last talked. He ignores me and still is with Emma. I feel like I should apologize again. We're not friends at all anymore. I miss him though. I just wish our lives weren't so complicated. I need to have an honest conversation with Farkle.
I called him. "Hi..." He said "What do you want?" Well that's a nice way to say hi. I sighed. "Can you meet me at Topanga's? I just want to talk. I'm not going to beg you back." It took him a long time to finally say "Fine."
Farkle's POV:
So Maya wants to talk. About what? I'm trying to move on, but she's holding me back.
I went to Topanga's. She was waiting for me. "Hi Farkle." I said hi back and sat down next to her. Maya said "You never answered my question. I told you if we could be friends. But you just walked away." I frowned. "Yeah, I walked away. But what was I supposed to do? Every single time I look at you, I want to kiss you. I can't. It hurts me too. So I'm trying to move on. You should too."
Maya's POV:
My heart was pounding hard. He's still in love with me! Then why can't we be together??? I said "I regret every single word I said that day on Christmas. I can't move on. I won't. I have never felt so lonely." Farkle holds my hand. "I have never been happier." He paused. What? He's happy without me? "I was heartbroken when you broke up with me. I'm fixed by Emma. We can't fix our mistakes and have do-overs. Just know that I'll always be there for you. I will always be in love with you, Maya Penelope Hart." He will be gone for a while, but not forever. I said "We will make it. I know we will. We're not broken, just bent. I won't be ready to let you go. I will fight for us until the end, and I will win."
Farkle's POV:
She fighting for us now. Last time we weren't worthy. We had a lot of damage in our relationship. I honestly don't know what to say. I might've lied about being happier without her. I mean it's probably for the best. But if she wins me back, I guess we're really meant to be.

Please check out my Instagram @ fancarpenter. Comment ideas and vote!
I love you. xoxo