Chapter 27 Acceptance

Enjoy the chapter! xoxo

Maya's POV:
Farkle and I have been together again for ten weeks now. After school, we went to his apartment. I saw his mom. She said "Hi Farkle! How was school?" He told her it's great. "Oh I didn't see you there, Maya. I thought you guys broke up." Farkle put his hand on his head. I said "We did, but we got back together." She hugged me. "I'm sorry about last time. The dinner. I promise that won't ever happen again." I smiled. "Don't worry. It's all in the past."
Farkle's dad came from upstairs. "Hey kiddos. Wow! You really won over Farkle, huh?" His mom shook her head no. "Stuart, not now."
We went up the stairs. "I would love to make up for the dinner before. Would you join us tonight? You're family can come too." I told his dad that I will join them with my family. We went to Farkle's room. He said "I'm hoping nothing goes bad tonight. I'm praying." I'm pretty sure it won't be terrible. The past is in the past. We all just have to move on. But if his parents still don't like me, they will have to deal with it whether they like it or not.
Okay. So my parents are going to the house in a few minutes. Farkle and I are in his room. I said "Your parents really don't like me. I don't think this dinner is a great idea." He held my hands. "Just give them a second chance, Maya. They're my parents." He's right. The doorbell rang. We went downstairs. I opened the door. I saw my parents. "Hi Mom and Dad!" They group hugged me. "Hi Maya!" Farkle's parents went out of their kitchen. His dad said "I'm so glad to see the whole Hunter family. Come sit down." We all sat down and started eating. His mom said "So I've heard, Angela, you're having a baby! How far are you?" "About 21 weeks. It's so exciting." Ugh. I hate baby talk. My mom gave me the talk about being a big sister, and that she's going to be spending a lot of time with this baby. We still don't know the gender, but in a few weeks we will know by then.
Farkle's mom asked "Are you ready to be a big sister?" I'm not ready for a lot of things. "Yeah. I guess. Once he or she is born, it will be a huge transition in my life." She laughed. "Um... I'm sorry again about how I treated you before. I just--" She paused and started to cry. "I just didn't want to lose Farkle. But he's growing up, and I have to let him go eventually. The way he looks at you, that's what every girl wants. You're very lucky Miss Hart." I started to tear up. I hugged her. This meant so much. Farkle's dad said "I'm also very sorry about the last dinner too. I wasn't being fair. I've learned that you can't stop yourself from loving someone. Right Jen?" She nodded. "Right."
We all finished our dinner. When my family was leaving the house, I gave Farkle a long kiss on the lips. "Good night, Farkle." "Good night, Miss Hart."
I'm grateful that Farkle's parents accept me now.

Please go check out my Instagram @ fancarpenter. Comment ideas and vote!
I love all of you. xoxo