Chapter 32 Graduation

I'm sorry I was inactive again. Enjoy the chapter! xoxo

Farkle's POV:
This year has gone by so fast. Maya and I have been dating for 22 weeks now. Her baby brother is just less than a week old. Graduation is tomorrow. I have a big speech. I'm obviously valedictorian.
Maya's POV:
I can't believe I'm graduating high school. So many memories. I only have less than 3 months with Farkle until he leaves for Harvard, and I'm going to art school in 4 months. Riley is majoring in journalism in Emerson College, and Lucas is majoring in sport management in State University of New York.
«Graduation day»
Farkle's POV:
So today is the day. Graduation is finally here. I have a big speech to do. I only have a few months with Maya. I have to make the best of it. I put on my cap and gown.
Maya's POV:
How did I make it to graduation??? I'm going to miss mostly Riley, Farkle, and Lucas. They've always been there for me. I put on my cap and gown.
«Graduation Ceremony»
Farkle's POV:
I'm really nervous for my speech. The principal announced "There's only one valedictorian, and that person is Farkle Minkus!" Everyone was clapping for me. I got up and walked to the stage. The principal shook my hand. I took a deep breath. "In 8th grade, I was scared for high school because I knew it would go by fast. And it did. I made many friends, joined some clubs, studied hard for tests. I've learned a lot. People change people. Right Mr. Matthews?" He nodded his head. I continued. "Like Riley, who always saw the good in me. She didn't care about reality. Lucas, who made me toughen up. Be strong. Before I was just a weak wimp. I have to admit that I was jealous of him because he got all the girls attention. Maya, who's made me the happiest man alive. I've now experienced true love because of her. I have known for a long time that she's the one. I will be waiting for her until she's ready. Now fellow graduates wherever you go, know that you're the reason why I'm here. And I'm the reason why you're here. We got here together. All of you are a part of my journey. I won't forget. Thank you."
Maya's POV:
I know what he was talking about. Farkle ran down the stage and hugged me.
A couple hours went by when people had their speeches. I wasn't listening. I was think about Farkle.
The principal said "Now fellow graduates, it's time to graduate!" All the rows started to form a line. I'm so nervous.
20 minutes later, I heard my name. I walked up to the stage. I was probably shaking. I grabbed my diploma. Wow, it felt weird! I shook hands with teachers and the principal.
After the ceremony, I went somewhere private to talk to Farkle. I said. "Marriage? Really?" He looked at me. "I know, it's too soon." I whispered "You were hinting by asking me if I wanted to get married, have kids, spend a lifetime with you. I was afraid you were going to propose. And you did. I want to say yes. I truly do. But do you know how this can change our lives? We are too young. We will ruin our futures. I don't want that to happen." Tears fell from my face. Farkle held my hands. "Me neither. I told you in my speech that I would be waiting for you until you're ready. Like after art school. I would love to marry you someday. Doesn't matter when, just someday." I kissed him. "Yes, to someday. You had worried. You should have just told me you wanted to get married someday. I'm bad at English, remember?" He laughed and kissed my forehead.
I guess I'm proposed kind of. My parents almost killed me. But I told them someday I'll get married to him and they understood. It's a huge promise that I'm willing to keep. Four years without him. That's not going to be easy for me. Honestly, I'm scared for the future. Whether I'm ready or not, it's coming real soon.

Please go check out my Instagram @ fancarpenter. Comment ideas and vote!
I love you all. xoxo