Chapter 17 | Therapy

Katniss POV finally

"Hey, Katniss," Prim greets me as she walks into my confined hospital room.

"Hi," I say back hoarsely. "How are you little duck?"

"I'm doing better now that your back,"

Prim has visited me everyday for the past week. They're saying it helps a lot but I really see no improvement. But the confusing thing is, improvement from what? They have been asking me questions everyday, usually about the mutt. A few weeks after I had gotten here they started showing me videos of me with the mutt though they weren't like the Capitol videos they were lies. At least... I think they were. They tell that's what actually happened.

With all that's happening I should know what they are trying to improve, but even I know I'm in no state to think that straightforward.

"Here," Prim says, handing me a piece if folded paper. "It's for you,"

I take the paper cautiously from her hand. I slowly unfold the white fabric to reveal a drawing. I take a closer look and realize it is a dandelion.

"Did you draw this" I ask her, confused at why she is giving me this.

"I wish," she giggles. "It's from someone special,"

"Who?" I ask.

"Can't tell," she smiles. "I was promised to secrecy."

"Why can't you tell me?" I ask but I can't seem to hide the smile on my lips.

"I'll just tell you that he is your secrer admirer." She giggles.

"Okay," I say and look deeper into the drawing. The perfect curves, each and every detail. This drawing looks familiar like I've seen the person who is behind the artist of this perfection. Though I can't put my finger on it

"How have you been?" Prim asks.

"Confused," I tell her truthfully.

"Confused about what?" she asks.

"They keep telling me about Peeta," I say using his actually name instead of 'mutt' for what seems like the first time. "They are telling me the exact opposite of what the Capitol said. The Capitol portrayed an evil boy who wanted to kill me and the rest of humanity. And then... They're showing me a boy who loves me and... Cares for people who isn't just himself. Which one do I believe?"

"Well... Which one do you believe to be true?" she asks.

"I don't know... I can't choose anymore, they've both been so convincing."

"Well, I don't know about you, but I believe the second one," she says.

"And why's that?" I ask her, more confused than ever.

"Because... Because I have witnessed what the true boy is." she tells me. "And he's not what the Capitol made you believe Katniss. He is so much more than that. Everything they ever told you is a lie."

"How can I believe you?"

"I can't make you believe me if you don't want to... But you can trust me because I would never lie to you. I am your sister and you have trusted me your whole life."

"I have?" I ask a little harshly. "I'm sorry, but I just can't tell what's real anymore. I don't truly know anybody anymore. Whatever memories I had before I... They're gone..."

She nods her head sadly. "I understand. You get some sleep now. I love you,"

She goes towards the door and there is the same buzzing sound I always hear before someone leaves or enters the room. I don't say anything to Prim as she leaves. No goodbyes  or anything. I just let her leave. Which is who I am. I can even see it. I am a cruel and selfish person. Maybe I am the real enemy.

.....

Sorry this chapter was kinda short but I wanted to show Katniss' improvement.

But I hope you enjoyed nonetheless.

Please so vote and comment, I would appreciate it very much. 😜😜😜

So I've been updating on my phone... I still use my laptop but when I need to update I just will use my phone.

Expect more updates since I'm coming up with a better writing schedule. I'm aiming to update as many days as I can, possibly everyday but we'll have to see.

I need to do my homework though so I'll see y'all later.

Have a great day and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Bye!!!!