Chapter 21- Best Friends and Niall

Emerald’s POV

I woke up to an empty room just as how I fell asleep last night. Last night was unusually cold even though Zayn got the heater up to its highest.

I yawned and felt up the piece of paper that is my top priority right now. I took it from under my soft purple pillow and scanned it thoroughly once again.

I nodded to myself, knowing exactly what to do first. There was definitely something up with Danielle and I miss her so dearly much. Although Liam wouldn’t admit it, I could see it in his eyes that he misses her too. All they fed me are lies about her working late and getting up really early. They even told me yesterday when I asked that she was out touring with their close friend but they never even mentioned the name of this ‘close’ friend.

I got dressed up and did my normal routine, careful so my annoying cast won’t get wet. Are my bones that broken that I needed this to support me for months?

But what caused me to get this injury?

That question was lingering at the back of my mind for a couple of days now, I just didn’t take notice of it but I know it’s an important part of my life before I regained my memory back.

Those two months are still a big mystery to me.

I finished and silently walked down the kitchen so no one would wake up. I tried fixing myself up a bowl of cereal but when I went to get the milk, the bottle was empty of liquid but a piece of paper was shoved inside. My eyes widened before I quickly grabbed the bottle, closing the fridge quickly.

I found a private place to open the paper which is in the backyard. I sat down on the grass before opening the bottle. I tipped the bottle upside down and out came the piece of paper.

Just warning you in advance that if you don’t do this, there will be consequences sweet heart

I want you to be as nice as possible to everyone even though they’re not.

Not so hard right?

Think again

I rolled my eyes before scrunching up the paper and throwing it at the nearest bin which was a few feet away from me.

What kind of task is that? Of course I could do that. It’s as easy as baking pie.

But then again, it seems too easy. I’m sure he or she wants to play with me and I’m ready to play that game.

I entered the house again to be greeted by almost everyone. Niall, Harry and Zayn were nowhere to be found. I’m guessing the three boys are still sleeping peacefully up in their rooms.

“Good morning Ems.” Louis yawned tiredly. “Why were you outside?” He asked, stirring up his cup of coffee. I racked my brain for an excuse. “Well I wanted to see the plants.” I smiled sheepishly.

“Okay?” He said confusingly before engaging a conversation with his girlfriend. I sat on one of the stools where there was a cup full of hot chocolate with floating little marshmallows. I blew the hot drink before sipping it carefully.

Down descended Niall looking like he was going out. “Good morning Niall!” I said cheerfully. He nodded at me without any emotion before slipping away to the front door. I frowned a little before looking at the others who were looking as confused as I was.

“Interesting” Liam muttered before resuming on flipping pancakes. I on the other hand, can’t drink the hot chocolaty goodness anymore so I just pushed it back so it won’t fall from the counter.