Chapter 22- Betrayal

Prepare your tissues. Now don’t be mad at me for making this chapter because this would all lead to somewhere, I promise.

Emerald’s POV

I stared at the wooden door before me as I heard the curses from inside made by Niall. I was tempted to call everyone else to come back home to help me but I didn’t even know what was going on inside. It could be anything; it could be Niall stubbing his toe on everything he sees?

I hesitated to do this but I had to. I opened the door slowly and my eyes widened as I saw the state of the house. Furniture that I laid eyes on is in not in its original position as it was the last time I saw it which was a mere two hours ago. There were broken glasses everywhere so I had to walk a little bit like a ballerina as I passed through to look for Niall.

It wasn’t that hard to find Niall. I only needed to follow the sound of his bad word choices and the sound he heavily makes.

At last, my feet and senses brought me outside Niall’s room where I could hear him screaming profanities non-stop.

“Niall?” I squeaked. It seems like he didn’t hear me or he simply ignored me because he kept on doing what he was doing. My fingers wrapped around the doorknob before I twisted it, opening it carefully.

“Niall?” I said again and this time, I did grab his attention. He stared at me for the whole time, a drink in one hand. His other hand was tangled in his messy blonde hair.

“A-are you okay?” I’ve never seen Niall in his drunken state so I didn’t know what to do with him. But to be on the safe side, I didn’t move like him. His eyes were boring to mine but he has this distant look as if he was thinking about something else, something deep.

“Get out of here.” He ordered. I was taken aback by his sudden outburst. His fists were clench into balls. “But Niall…” I whispered. I felt so little compared to him.

“I said get out!” He barked angrily. I didn’t move away or even do something because I was still in shock. I never thought Niall could get angry like this to me. “Are you deaf Emerald?!” He started walking towards me slowly with a scowl set on his face.

“N-no.” I answered shakily. “Then why aren’t you moving?!” His voice rose up again. “N-Niall you’re scaring me…” I slowly moved back away every step he was advancing towards me. This was like all the time my father hit me…

Painful memories hit me like a ton of bricks. The painful memories of my father hitting me and my mother simply laughing and even giving him encouragement to hit me harder.

But I could already feel that if Niall……did hit me, it would hurt even more. I actually love Niall and he actually cares about me, at least that’s what I think. But if you care about someone, you’re not supposed to hit them or do anything to hurt them right?

So when he raised his hand to hit me, I was already crying silently and just praying to myself that this won’t all repeat like what happened to my father and mother.

The sound of his hand colliding to my face, the intense pain on my left cheek, the throbbing feeling and finally, my heart breaking into nothing but broken pieces.

A hand pulled me away from him and whoever it was, immediately embraced me into a hug. He or she was whispering sweet nothings to my ear but I simply wasn’t listening. I was still staring at him who was looking at his hand that he used to hit me. It’s like he was examining the hand like it was some kind of out of the world device.

Then he looked at me guiltily.

And just like that, I ran.

I ran to my bedroom, locking it before I finally came to my senses and broke down into sobs which turned into horrible cries.

I was hurting both physically and mentally.

The worst part is that I didn’t know which one was worst. Physical pain? Or my mental pain?

I never thought in my life that he would do that to me. He vowed never to hurt me like how my father hurt me.

Yes I guess he did keep his vow

Yes, he didn’t hit me like my father used to hit me…

His was worse.

Even though it was only a slap and I took in much bigger hits, his was different. It was very different. I’ve never had this feeling before when my father used to hit me. I guess I got used to it when my father does it.

Niall, well Niall’s was something I haven’t experienced in a long time now.

I’ve experienced this when my father first hit me.

I’ve experienced this when my mom first laughed and joined my father.

I’ve experienced this just five minutes ago.

And this was betrayal.

Oh how I badly want to get rid of these tears. Oh how badly I want to.

I could hear their shouts at Niall but I could hear none of Niall arguing back. Someone was continuously knocking on my door but I simply wouldn’t open for the obvious reasons. I wouldn’t even budge from where I am or dare not move.

All I’m thinking now is that ‘why?’

And with that, I fell asleep.

Author’s Note

Uh oh………..

I know everyone will kill me because of this chapter…I should run now should I?

Yup I definitely should.

But my life is such a mess right now. You know why? Well let’s just say that my life should be documented because that’s how messed up it is. It’s like a mystery case or something.

I’m not even going to ask for a target for this chapter but I do want to see all your emotions flood out.

I have a secret target in mind and I’m not going to tell you guys what it is, I’ll just watch and see until you guys reached it.

Yup, I’m definitely ready for all the death threats to come :)

You guys could also send me death threats or whatever to my twitter: @DaydreamerDuh

Also in Instagram but make sure to comment on the pics with –R on it otherwise, you all are sending death threats or whatever to my friend - @tumblr_and_1d

Stay pretty my pretties! Unless you’re a dude! Then stay handsome!

Vote

Comment

:)