Chapter 26- Back Together Again

Liam’s POV

“Fucking hell.” I muttered, crumpling the piece of paper crossly. Louis stopped me and took the piece of crumpled paper from me, reading it for himself. He cussed silently before handing it to Eleanor who sighed when she read the content for herself.

“So anyone knows what the answer is?” Louis heave a sigh. Everyone shook their heads all together. “We should think out of the box.” Hailey told us. She stepped in on the middle of the small circle we have managed to form.

“Listen to the words ‘If you want them back, you all have to solve this puzzle. What fun is it if I didn’t put a puzzle on it?’So this person wants to play a game. Am I right?”She said unhurriedly. We all bobbed our heads in return.

“All was happy, glad and fun until you went to the place where it all started. At the back the treasure lies.” She recited from that line from the letter slowly. Mia’s eyes brightened up as she stepped in alongside Hailey. “Until you went to the place where it all started…” She narrated again. “Where was the place where everything started? The first time you saw her?” She asked no one in particular.

“The orphanage!” Harry cried. “Right!” Hailey exclaimed.

“At the back the treasure lies….” Mia said slowly. Everyone was quiet for a long time as if searching for the answer while the two young girls stared at us boredly.

“Oh for heaven’s sake, it’s at the back of the orphanage.” They shrieked together. We stood there astonished about how we didn’t get that and they did.

“H-how did you guys manage to solve it that easily?” I wondered. “It’s kind of our thing.” Mia shrugged. “Well what are we standing around here for? Let’s go!” Hailey said impatiently as she tried to run to the front door when Louis held her in place.

“Uh nope. You guys are not coming.” I said strictly. Their faces fell but it was immediately covered up with irritation. “And why not? We helped you solve the problem.” Hailey burst out. “It’s too dangerous.” Niall sighed. “Yeah it is, come stay with us here.” Eleanor suggested. Eleanor and Perrie knew well that Zayn and Louis would not allow them to come. Even Niall, Harry and I wouldn’t allow them. It’s just too risky.

“Anyone remember how to get to the adoption center?” I asked. Zayn raised his hand and I tossed him the keys to the car. Louis and Zayn kissed their girlfriends goodbye making my heart blue for a bit. I’m not jealous because of Eleanor and Perrie, I’m broken because of Danielle.

Danielle. Who knows what happened to her? Is she even okay? Did she fight back?

My thoughts were still roaming around my head when we got in the car. We were more than determined to finish everything today.

Starting with solving who the hell this person is.

--

Emerald’s POV

“How do you pee?” I asked. I was trying to at least make her situation a bit better. I’ve found a dirty cloth somewhere around the corner and they handily have a sink on the right far side corner of this room. I’ve been treating her wounds ever since. Sure she was wincing but she was trying to appear brave in front of me.

“Well I call out that I need to pee.” She shrugged. I rolled up her shirt a bit to reveal her bruises on her ribs area. She also looked like she haven’t eaten in a long time seeing that her ribs are starting to show.