BONUS: Memory

Jayfeather's POV

Dandelionkit stood at the center of the clearing, his breathing heavy. A drop of blood came out of his mouth and dripped to the fur-littered ground.

Lionblaze's body lay nearby, the once marvelous golden warrior defeated by a kitten that had the same ultimate powers as him.

Everything was deathly silent as the idea of Lionblaze being dead sunk into everyone's minds. Cinderheart, who was right next to Jayfeather in the bushes, had her eyes squeezed shut, and her flank rose and fell quickly.

Jayfeather knew there was something he had to do. He had failed to save Purdy's life that one time when the tree fell. Maybe he couldn't save Purdy's life then, but perhaps he could help save possibly all the Clans by doing what he was about to do.

He leaped out of the bushes, and a few gasps of shock sounded from behind him in the shrubbery. Dandelionkit spun around and Jayfeather could feel the smaller cat's gaze burning into his own blind one.

"Jayfeather?" Dandelionkit let out a mrrow of laughter. "What do you think you're gonna do? Hurt my feelings?"

The blind medicine cat took a step forward and took a sniff of the air. Dandelionkit was only about a fox length away.

"Dandelionkit, I admit it, you win," Jayfeather lied, bowing down and letting his rear end go up into the air. "I know you want to kill every cat in the Clans so you can have everything for yourself. If you are still going to do that, please kill me first."

"No!" Someone squealed from the bushes. Jayfeather stood back up and turned around. He could sense every cat behind him was scared. But Jayfeather had a plan.

"Yes, that's my mission," Dandelionkit snapped, his voice heavy. "But I need to do something first."

Suddenly a spiral seemed to swallow Jayfeather right up. Before he could take another breath, his body hit the ground and, almost instantly, Jayfeather picked up the scent of the four Clans together, like at a Gathering.

"Welcome, Clans!" Dandelionkit yowled.

Jayfeather got to his paws as everyone seemed to scramble into the bushes. Everyone seemed to know Dandelionkit already somehow. That's when he realized that Dandelionkit had teleported the cats to the island.

"I am going to kill Jayfeather right in front of your eyes," Dandelionkit growled to everyone. "I have defeated Lionblaze and no other cat can stop me. I am on a mission to kill every Clan cat, starting with Lionblaze and his family members first!"

The scent of the kit came closer and Jayfeather lowered to the ground. He knew what he was going to do. He was going to sacrifice his life for Lionblaze to have one more chance to defeat Squirrelflight's evil kit. Jayfeather prayed to StarClan that it would work.

"Goodbye, Jayfeather." Dandelionkit meowed flatly, and only a second later, Jayfeather's life flashed before his eyes and his body fell to the ground.

The kit's sharp claws had ripped open his throat and Jayfeather struggled to breathe. He knew this was going to be the end for him. Jayfeather slowly closed his eyes as breathing got harder and harder.

Suddenly the pain from his neck was lifted and Jayfeather opened his eyes once again.

All around him, there was a hill covered in yellow and puffy dandelions. In front of him sat the ruffled body of Jayfeather's brother, Lionblaze.

"Jayfeather sacrificed his life for you, Lionblaze," Yellowfang's voice sounded from behind where Jayfeather lay in a messy heap of fur on the ground. "Go out there and defeat Dandelionkit. You want to save your Clan, don't you?"