Chapter 1- Best Friends

Julie's p.o.v.

It has been about three months since we started college, and I'm loving every minute. Andy's dorm is just down the hall, and Blake is somehow magically my roommate. Life doesn't get any better. Andy's roommate's name is Kadan Harper and he is the second sexiest guy on campus. The first being Blake of course.

"Knock, knock," Andy calls from the hall.

"You may enter my kingdom."

He gives me his 'you're a psycho look' and I laugh.

Oh, how I would have missed him had he chosen to go to Berkley or Harvard instead. But because he loves me, he chose NYU.

"Ju-ju bear, I have something for you."

He's called me Ju-Ju bear since we were kids. I admit, it annoyed me at first, but now I can't imagine him calling me anything else.

"What is it," I ask nervously.

He answers, "It's tickets to see your favorite country star ever!"

I squeal with delight. "Thank you, Andy, but I can't take those tickets."

"But you absolutely love Garth Brooks."

"I know, but Blake doesn't like country music."

"You have been doing for him for two and a half years. Don't you think it's time you did something for yourself?"

"Yeah but-" I am cut off.

"No buts. You are going to this concert whether you like it or not. It's time you stop letting that boy treat you like a puppet. You need to do something for yourself. I mean come on, I haven't seen you wear your favorite cowboy hat or boots since before y'all got together."

That's because Blake told me not to wear any of my country items, but Andy doesn't need to know.

"Fine I'll go, but you have to go with me."

"I'll only go if you put these on."

He pulls a pair of boots out from the hallway.

"Deal!"