Chapter 10- Frustration

Kadan's p.o.v.

"Being that Jewels forgave us, our other plan is out the window. Can you help me with something else?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"I want to get her dad up here for Thanksgiving this Thursday."

"That's awesome. I'll call him tomorrow and see if he can make it."

"Okay. Tell him I'll pay for his airline ticket."

"He'll appreciate that. I just have a question for you. Why do you want him here?"

"Jewels needs her dad here. She needs to be surrounded by people that love her. I'd invite her mom too, but from the sound of it, they don't get along."

"I agree, she does need her dad. And her mom has always been bitchy towards her. She should not have been her mother, or a mother period."

"That's just, wow."

"Yeah. Now get some sleep,tomorrow's a big day. We have to plan the dinner for Thursday and make sure she doesn't find out about our surprise."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie's p.o.v.

I walk down the hall and to my dorm. When I open the door, I see that some of Blake's things are missing. I don't really care though. He's probably out getting what I won't give him from some slut that's more than willing.

I sit down on my bed and pull out my phone. I scroll through my contacts until I find my mom. I hesitate before pressing the call button. "Here goes nothing."

I listen to the ringing until my mom finally answers.

"Well it's about time you called me. I was starting to think you were ignoring me."

"Oh, but I was. Want do you even want, Mother?"

"Can I not just see how my daughter is doing?"

"No, you can't. You always want something. I'm exhausted, so tell me what you want now so I can get to bed quicker."

"Impatient as always." I roll my eyes. "I was wondering if you could pay for me to stay in a hotel room. I'm coming up for Thanksgiving."

"And you expect me to pay for your hotel room? That's not happening. If you haven't realized, I'm in college now and can't be spending what little extra money I have on a five star hotel room because you think you're royalty."

"You want me to pay for my own hotel room. Is that any way to treat your mother that you haven't seen in over a year? I decide to come up there to spend time with my daughter and she's being ungrateful as always."

"I didn't ask you to come. It's not my fault I haven't seen you. You're the one who left ten years ago, not me. You've never been there for me and I don't need you here now. So why don't you do everyone a favor and just stay the hell where you are?"

"That's no way to speak to your mother, and I have not been gone for ten years. I left Dallas only last year."

"Mother, you left Daddy when I was seven damn years old. You expect me to believe that you were close by for nine years? Even if that is true, why did you never make contact with me? If you even cared at all, you would have tried to be close to me, but you never even tried. You didn't even try when you and Daddy were still married. So do NOT give me that shit about me being ungrateful. You were the one who couldn't appreciate what you had right in front of you. Sometimes I wonder why you even had a kid. I don't think you're fit to have any and I wish you hadn't."

"I wish I hadn't had kids either. I'm not-" I hang up the phone before she can continue. I really can't stand her petty bullshit. A moment later my phone buzzes.

Mother- I hope you're happy. I decided not to visit you this Thanksgiving. Instead I'm going to Paris.

Me- I'm very happy. I get to enjoy a nice, peaceful Thanksgiving with my friends. Good riddance.

I wait for another text from my mother but never get one. I sigh in relief. Now I can get some sleep and prepare to call my daddy tomorrow.