Chapter 20- Unbearable Pain

Andy's p.o.v.

My best friend won't be hanging out with me anymore? What does she mean she's trying to protect us? What the hell happened between last night and this morning? I kept asking myself these questions. Blake couldn't have threatened her, he's in jail. Maybe he had one of his goons threaten her. I can't believe he still has a hold over her.

I don't know how I'll be able to go on. We've been through everything together. She was there for me when my grandparents died, and vice versa. I've held her hair when she thought it was a fun idea to hug the toilet. She comforted me every time I've been sick.

I can't just let her walk away, I have to do something. But what? She took off. She didn't even look over her shoulder. She acted like we were the enemy.

What am I supposed to do without her? She's my best and friend, and she's like a sister to me. I'll just have to wait for her to come around. She won't let that asshole control her forever, will she? As soon as the thought enters my mind, my tears start to fall harder. If I know Julie well, then she'll let the bastard throw her around like a rag doll.

How do I get my best friend back?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kadan's p.o.v.

I won't be seeing my precious Jewels anymore? What the hell?!? Just when I thought things were going good between us, she suddenly can't hang out anymore. How will I survive, let alone Andy? They've been best friends a long time.

I look around the room. It suddenly feels empty. I guess it's just because Jewels made it feel like home. As soon as she left, the atmosphere of the room was totally different. Jewels brightened the place. Now, it's like being locked in the dungeon of a medieval castle, dark and depressing.

Our room is eerily quiet. I can't take take it. I get up and go to the radio. I turn it on, and quickly change it from the country station it's currently on. Country music is Jewels' favorite. I find some random station playing ads, and leave it.

I head back over to my bed, and sit down. A song starts to play.

Do these people know what's going on. The song they decided to play is How am I supposed to live without you by Michael Bolton. My tears start to fall harder. I swear, if I knew who was in charge of the music, I would strangle them. I mean, what the hell? Are they trying to kill me?

After a couple of hours, the initial shock is over. We decide to change and head over to Julie's. Maybe we can get her to talk to us.

We go out to Andy's car. He pulls out of his spot, and we begin the five minute drive to the apartment complex. When we pull up, there's some woman sitting on the porch. We walk up to Julie's side. I'm fixing to knock, but the woman stops me. "Knocking won't do you any good."

I'm confused. "Why not? Who are you?"

"I'm Ally, Julie's neighbor."

"Okay. Why won't knocking do me any good?"

"She's not here."

Andy and I gasp. "What do you mean," he asks.

"She left. She told me this morning she was leaving."

"Do you know where she went?" Julie's gone? But why?

"Yeah. She told me that she was going home until After Christmas."

"Thank you, Ally."

"Wait a minute. I told y'all my name. I'd like to know who the two guys are, looking for my friend."

"Sorry. I'm Kadan."

"I'm Andy."

"So y'all are the old roommates?"

"Yep. That's us. Not to be rude or anything, but we have to go."

"Then go. It was nice to meet you guys."

"You too," we say simultaneously.

"We need to change our flight time," Andy says to me.

"I know."

We both get on our phones to get tickets for the next flight to Dallas. We go back to the dorm and pack our bags. Once we're done, we get back in Andy's car and drive to the airport.

When we get there, there's still forty-five minutes until our plane leaves. These next few hours are going to be long.