Chapter 27- Surprise Visitor

Blake's p.o.v.

I have a visitor. No one ever comes to visit me. I wonder who it is. Maybe it's Julie. Maybe she decided to forgive me. I know I don't deserve her, but I wish she would forgive me.

I know that what I did was wrong, but I wasn't thinking clearly. I was so strung out on those drugs. I never should have gotten involved with that gang in high school. Maybe, just maybe, I'd still have Julie, or maybe I never would have gotten with her. That's a scary thought. I know I was an asshole to her, but I loved her in my own way.

The guard leads me down the hall, and to the room to see my visitor. I stand there, shocked, when I recognize my visitor. That's not who I was expecting. I haven't spoken to my mother since I left for college. I wonder why she's here.

"Hey, Mom."

"Blake." She's not too happy. I'm guessing Julie told her what happened.

"How's it going?"

"Good. What about you?"

"I'm okay, considering. How's Julie?"

"So now you care?"

"I've always cared."

"You had a hell of a way of showing it. You raped and beat an innocent girl. Not only that, you've been beating that poor girl for two years. How could you?"

"I wasn't thinking clearly. I was so strung out on the drugs I was doing, it was like someone else was making the decisions for me. I'm so sorry."

"Drugs? I should have known. I knew that you were acting different, I just didn't know why, and now I do."

"So, why did you come? I know there has to be a reason."

"You're right, there is a reason. I want you to listen before you say anything."

"Okay, I'm listening."

"Julie's pregnant."

That's not what I was expecting her to say to me. Julie's pregnant with my baby. "Wow."

"I'm not finished."

"Go on."

"Your dad and I have been talking, and we think it's best if you don't have anything to do with that baby. Julie doesn't need the stress of having to deal with the person who broke her. She has friends and family that can help her. We don't want you pressuring her about the baby. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, ma'am, I understand."

"Now, how are things going for you in here?"

"They're going okay, I guess. They have me in a rehabilitation program."

"That's good."

The guard walks over and signals that it's time for my mom to leave. "I have to go, Mom. I love you."

"I love you too, Blake."

My mom leaves, and I'm taken back to my cell. When I get there, I think about what my mom told me. Julie is pregnant and I won't be apart of the baby's life. I guess it's for the best, though. I sigh and sit on my cot. I really messed up my life.