Chapter 5- The Devil Himself

Julie's p.o.v.

Blake comes into our dorm room fuming mad. He looks like he's ready to punch something. Hopefully it's not me, though, it wouldn't be the first time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Flashback**

"Hey, Blake, do you want to go see a movie?"

"Not really."

"Why not?"

"I just don't want to."

"You never want to do anything with me. Maybe I'll just ask Andy."

Blake gets up off his couch so quick, I flinch. He raises his hand and smacks me across the face, mainly hitting my eye. He growls. "You are MY girlfriend, therefore you belong to me. You will NOT be going anywhere with Andrew Blake. Do you understand me, you whore?" I nod, afraid to speak. "Good."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Present**

"A little birdie told me they saw you at a concert with some guy."

"Really?"

"Don't play stupid, slut. Who was the guy you were with? Was it Andrew?"

"No. His name is Kadan. Why does it matter to you, though? You're never here to hangout with me. Andy bought me tickets and I knew you wouldn't go. Andy couldn't go himself, so he asked Kadan to accompany me."

"It matters because I own YOU. I don't want you hanging out with a guy that's not me. We've been over this before."

"I'm not property. You don't own me."

He comes towards me and pushes me up against the wall. Then he punches me repeatedly in the face. The tears start falling, which only serves to make him angrier. He keeps saying that if I don't shut up, he'll kill me. He finally stops hitting me. He lets me go and storms out of our room. I slide to the floor with my head in my hands. Then my phone beeps.

Daddy- Hey baby girl. It's been a while, just wanted to see how you're holding up. Love you.

I cry harder. My dad has had his suspicions about Blake, but I'm scared that if I tell anyone, Blake will hurt me, or them, or both.

I decide to text him back.

Me- I'm fine, I promise. I've just been busy with classes. Love you too. Talk to you tomorrow.

Daddy- Okay. Talk to you tomorrow.

I hate lying to him, but I don't feel like I have a choice. If I tell him the truth, he'll be up here in the blink of an eye. I know he'll force me to go back to Dallas, but I just can't. I came to New York to get away from the constant rumors about being my old school's biggest slut. My dad's heard the rumors, but he'll still make me go home.

My subconscious chooses now to pipe up. Would going home be that bad?

In all honesty, I don't know the answer to that question at this point in time.